Software Quality Assurance Intern
Organization : Digital - Spokane, WA
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
The Quality Assurance Intern contributes to the design, development, test and release of cloud-based software applications. The role possesses experience with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures. The intern relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position under general supervision. The role utilizes current experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Take mentorship from Quality team and collaborate with other Quality Assurance team members on test design, tooling, strategy and implementation
· Work within a Scrum Team participating in design, development, and testing of software applications
· Participate in functional testing, configuring test environments, and bug tracking
· Documents and tracks software bugs
· Provide effective communication with geographically distributed team members.
· Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test execution, and sign-off of new features and fixes
· Escalate urgent issues to Leadership
· Utilizes test data for positive and negative test cases to thoroughly test application logic and verify system flow.
· Interact with Product Manager, developers, and business representative(s) to ensure that specifications are satisfied
· Communicate design, reliability, and maintenance problems to appropriate internal resources
· Works with development to resolve software bugs and diagnose/improve product configuration for current and future releases.
Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition . Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
· Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree
· Excellent academic performance
· Exposure to Agile development and the Scrum methodology.
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within software design and development
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
· Curious about software quality assurance and quality engineering in a large-scale environment
· Ability to unit test your code using appropriate tools and framework
· Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and Azure/AWS cloud architecture
· Experience building meaningful software applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, or as part of an open source project
· You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written
· Relies on limited experience and judgment to accomplish goals
· Ability to work both independently as well as in a dynamic, distributed team environment
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
· Additional Locations: North America-United States-Washington
· Posting Date: Sep 23, 2021