ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Social Value Officer to be based in Normanton, West Yorkshire, WF6 2XA. This is a permanent full-time. On offer is a competitive salary and company benefits package.
The normal working hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:30am until 5:00pm.
ENGIE have an amazing opportunity as a Social Value Officer working alongside the Social Value Manager . This really is the DREAM JOB for a creative, passionate, versatile person who wants to make a real difference in the communities in which we work.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Provide current information to the Social Value Manager to support the development of ESP’s/ SIP’s as per company and client requirements
· Understand clients and operational key aims and objectives and action and deliver on these in the timescales required
· To coordinate the full recruitment process for apprentices, graduates and trainees (TAGs) to meet the needs of ENGIE
· Coordinate and facilitate site visits, research projects, work experience and workshops in line with the ESP’s/KPI’s/benchmarks set
· Where required, represent the company on local focus groups in association to education, employment and skills developments and opportunities.
· Attend external events to obtain details of best practice and assist with the implementation of new initiatives to improve business performance
· Develop and maintain effective networks with all relevant contacts to ensure the Social Value and KPI’s are delivered in the most effective way, identifying funding and PR opportunities wherever possible
· To make sure all TAGs are fully prepared for the place within ENGIE, and that they receive a full in-depth induction
· To ensure all apprentices are registered for the appropriate qualifications with training provider/college and monitor their progress on these qualifications throughout and provide support where required.
· Monitor work completed through community-based activities to achieve associated outputs in the ESP’s/SIP’s
RequiredQualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Able to work with data (analysis and interpretations)
· Prior evidence of working to tight deadlines, with strong organisation skills
· Confidence in analysing and interpreting numerical data
· Confidence in presenting to a range of audiences
· Strong communication & influencing skills
· Able to develop and maintain relationships at all levels
· Ability to work independently and manage own caseload
· Ability to work on numerous projects at one time
· Strong literacy skills, including experience of report/proposal writing
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
· Prior experience of managing/mentoring/supporting young people or apprentices
· Understanding of the Social Value/Community Investment in the UK
· Knowledge of apprenticeship schemes and current Government policy in this area
· Use of In-Design/Publisher
If you are successful to the interview stage, you will be asked to present a Presentation on social value and to complete a skills assessment.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Aug 30, 2019