ENGIE are recruiting for a SHEQ Advisor to be based in Belfast. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer will be a competitive salary. The role holder will report into the Regional SHEQ manager.
To support the company in the operation of company systems (ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001) covering the effective management of quality, health, safety and environment. This will include extensive working on live projects across a wide geographical area. To understand, adhere and implement the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· On a day to day basis provide guidance and advice to the region on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards
· To respond to requests for advice which fall within the job holders area of expertise, through discussion with the Regional SHEQ Manager, and others where appropriate
· Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHEQ as required.
· Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
· Assisting the business with the implementation of the ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
· Undertaking ‘active’ monitoring, providing feedback via the company’s reporting system
· Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred. Where necessary preventing works continuing.
· Be responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant site issues.
· Aid in Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations forimprovement
· Liaising with enforcing authorities as necessary.
· Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/site visits
· Raise awareness on SHEQ and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
· Any other reasonable management request For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Previous Experience and Qualifications
Skills and abilities
· Enthusiastic and motivated self starter, capable of setting own high standards and delivering on promises
· Excellent interpersonal skills, team player able to communicate and engage at all levels
· Working in an office, construction, FM and services environment
· Producing written communications to a high standard
· Thorough attention to detail and analytical capability to ensure accuracy and consistency of information
· Good level of numeracy and written/spoken English
· Confident and decisive
· Ability to resolve issues, disputes to a satisfactory outcome
· Suitable qualifications in H&S. E.g. NEBOSH General CertificateDiploma or working towards.
· Relevant experience of working as part of a SHEQ team
· Providing proactive support to operational business units.
· Up to date knowledge of UK legislation in relation to SHE
· Ability to work remotely
· First rate communication and influencing skills
· Good at developing relationships
· Flexible – able to work at all levels and at hands on level
· Proven written communication skills
· Good level of numeracy
· Computer literate in MS Office
· Operation of an OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001 and/or ISO 9001 based systems
· Specialist knowledge in a relevant subject area e.g. asbestos, scaffolding, fire or gas safety would be beneficial
· Report writing
· Ability to interpret legislation and ACoPs For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.