ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Security Officer to be based at Kingston Hill Halls of Residence at Kingston University. This is a permanent, full time role working night shifts (below). On offer is a salary of £11.03 per hour and high-quality benefits package (more information below).
19:00 - 07:00 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off
This job will entail security guarding at student accommodation sites and ensuring assistance to, and safety of staff, students and the general public whilst they are on the premises
· Securing buildings with regular patrols and CCTV monitoring.
· Ensuring the security of vehicles entering and exiting site(s).
· Checking personnel passes.
· There will be occasions of conflict which will need to be tended to. The candidate will therefore need to have a good command of the English Language (written and spoken) due to the nature of the queries in both the security and customer service aspects.
· Report any dangerous situations, maintenance issues and faulty equipment
· Must be willing with training provided to work with technology including PC, incident reporting software, Body Worn CCTV, radios and patrol recoding equipment.
· The candidate will also be required to go between sites and blocks and therefore must expect a high level of standing and walking.
· Due to a small collaborative team you will be expected to undertake any other security, and or reception customer service duties as necessary.
· Ability to work alone at times unsupervised with lone working processes in place.
Owing to the Covid19 outbreak, ENGIE have been making some adjustments to support you through your candidate journey while keeping you as safe as possible.
All interviews will take place online via video chat or over the phone (platform alteration will be made accordingly) and we are making sizeable provisions in order to support those who can work from home. In the instances where it is absolutely necessary to visit the site and for key workers, all social distancing measures will be strictly observed.
Our dedicated recruitment team is committed to making your job application as stress-free as possible during this time of unprecedented instability, so we encourage you to contact us with any queries you have about the future of your career here at ENGIE.
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
Qualifications, Skills or Required Experience:
· The candidate must hold a valid SIA Door Supervisors license with Public Space CCTV licence highly desirable
· It is preferable that the candidate have security experience however they will be fully trained in all aspects of the role
· Full Driving Licence preferable to provide mobile support between the two sites ENGIE Benefits Include:
· Pension (defined contribution)
· 24 days holidays (+8 public holidays)
· Life Insurance
· Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
· Employee personal & professional development profile
· Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview
· Posting Date: Mar 2, 2021