ENGIE are recruiting for a Resident Handyperson/Driver to be based in Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 6QH. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The normal working hours will be Monday to Friday 08.00am until 17.00pm. to include 2 weekends on - 2 weekends off.
To report directly to the Contract Manager with responsibility for the delivery of Handyman works including decoration, carpentry, assistance to electrical and mechanical engineers, L8 monthly water checks.
The job role also includes driving duties which forms part of the working week and weekends. The driving duties requirements are driving the onsite mini bus or pool car to transport the resident elderly persons on designated day trips and assisting the resident staff with trips to local shops and medical centres. The current driving licence qualifications are required with enhanced DBS checks.
The role will involve the development and maintenance of good working relationships with customer representatives and work in a manner which ensures that all aspects of the service agreement between Engie and the customers are delivered with the requisite levels of professionalism
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To perform driving duties on daily and weekend basis for resident elderly persons, as directed by customer
· To be included on working rota with resident driver/handyman
· To carry out L8 monthly water checks and records readings
· To react to any call out over weekend periods and investigate on first instance, advise Engie helpdesk/on call engineer of issues.
· To be familiar with and understand the site contingency plans for dealing with emergency situations.
· To conform to ENGIE standards, rules and procedures.
· To ensure that the Contracts Manager is kept informed of all aspects of safety performance
· To report all incidents and accidents, including near misses to the Contracts Manager
· Ensure PPE is up to date and safe
· Ensure all company onsite vehicles are maintained and cleaned on regular basis
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Driving licence qualifications D1, D, D1E, DE PCV/CPC driver qualifications
· General handyperson knowledge
· L8 trained domestic water systems & water checks
· Extensive experience of M&E Building services in a corporate environment.
· Knowledge of the use of CAFM systems
· Enhanced DBS checks For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.