ENGIE are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based in Yorkshire. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
To take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the designated project in order to control and maximise the company’s profitability, protect the companies legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues. This is to include ensuring applications and valuations are completed in line with the contract terms and also ensuring sub-contractors receive prompt payment and are procured in line with our contractual obligations and Commitments to Subcontractors. In addition ensuring cost reports and the like are managed, completed on time and monitored. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
What will you deliver?
· Control all expenditure
· Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
· To assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
· Continual use of the sub-contract data base
· Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
· To manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
· Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
· Process subcontractor requests for payment
· Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated projects
· Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
· Attend project and company related meetings
· Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by an contractual or financial arrangement
· Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
· Sufficiently manage the financial aspects of the project to ensure the correct safety equipment is used at all times
· Be responsible for your safety and others around you
· Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply change
· Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
· Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
· Change management control
· Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
· Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate skill set and capability to deliver the works. Place the appropriate order and all required information to carry out their work
· Liaise with the Contract Manager over contractual issues and take action as required
· Assisting the development and training of trainee and assistant surveyors
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, car or car allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
· Pension Scheme
· XXXX days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to XX times annual salary
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
· Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor
· Post graduate experience within a surveying position reporting to either a senior surveyor or a commercial manager
· IT skills – MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc
Who are we?
ENGIE is a key provider of energy, services and regeneration in the UK & Ireland. ENGIE delivers flexible, renewable electricity generation and clean, affordable energy supply to businesses of all sizes in the UK.
In July 2021, ENGIE launched EQUANS, a new dedicated brand, combining its services-led activities in energy solutions, technical & facilities management and regeneration to support businesses and communities embrace a greener, more efficient and increasingly digital world.
This opportunity is for EQUANS, please visit www.engie.co.uk/equans to find out more information about how we are empowering business and communities to build a greener, more efficient and connected world!
EQUANS is part of the ENGIE Group, which globally employs 170,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues €55.8 billion in 2020.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Additional Locations: Europe-England
· Posting Date: Jan 13, 2022