ENGIE are looking for a proactive, self motivated Quantity Surveyor to join our team covering various sites including Leeds and Yorkshire on a full time permanent basis. If you have excellent time management skills, along with the willingness to work in various geographical areas - this may be the role for you!
You will be fully qualified with post graduate experience within a surveying position reporting to either a senior surveyor or a commercial manager. The contract will be working on Social Housing refurb schemes so experience in this area is essential.
What you will deliver
· Take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the designated project in order to control and maximise the company’s profitability, protect the companies legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues
· Ensure applications and valuations are completed in line with the contract terms and also ensuring sub-contractors receive prompt payment and are procured in line with our contractual obligations and Commitments to Subcontractors
· Control all expenditure
· Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
· To assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
· Continual use of the sub-contract data base
· Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
What can we offer you?
In this role, you would have the opportunity to add real value from the outset and drive the direction of the team. Also, on offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package, including
• 5% Pension
• 25 paid holidays (+ public holidays)
• 2x Life Insurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Car allowance
• Bonus Scheme
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
• Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
• Gym membership discounts
• Cycle to work scheme
• Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
• Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor
• Post graduate experience within a surveying position reporting to either a senior surveyor or a commercial manager
• IT skills – MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc
Who are we?
ENGIE in the UK & Ireland is focused on three key activities: production & supply of low carbon energy and services.
ENGIE is a key provider of flexible, renewable electricity generation and clean, affordable energy supply to businesses of all sizes in the UK - enabling our customers & stakeholders to embrace a greener and more efficient world.
ENGIE also combines its services-led activities through its EQUANS brand, providing technical, FM, energy solutions and regeneration to support businesses and communities through the energy, digital and industrial transitions.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 170,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.1 billion in 2019.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Jul 20, 2021