Job Title: Product Manager (Solar Business Systems)
Department: Product & R&D
Reporting line: Head of Product Management
About ENGIE BU Africa ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Product Manager is responsible for the core of EAA’s product line. As a leader in the PAYGO sphere, our products are the first step into the homes of our customers and are a key part of the EEA customer lifetime value. The Product Manager will direct the product development process for EEA life-changing solutions and offerings.
In this role you will lead the development of large solar business systems (SBS) of 1kW – 5 kW across the Engie Energy Access markets. You will balance developing custom energy solutions for our customers as well productizing these offerings so they can be scalable.
You will own the end-to-end process of designing, implementing, monitoring, and scaling new products. This is an exciting role which requires creativity and strategic visioning as well as operational execution and working cross-functionally with our customer service, operations, sales, and technical teams on the ground.
· Manage the early-stage product development of 1+ kW solar systems and drive the products from pilot stage to commercial launch
· Collaborate with country team departments (commercial, operations, product, support, etc…) to develop commercially viable solar solutions for diverse end users
· Standardize the tools used for system sizing, bill of materials, pricing, ordering, and more
· Curate a suite of products that are flexible to the customers’ needs while creating cost-effective standardization to allow the products to scale quickly across markets
· Drive rigorous data analysis and insights to earn buy-in and further investment in the product range
· Strategize how large solar systems will fit within the broader company business model
· Identify and manage relationships with implementation partners to support operations in each of the EEA markets along with local teams
· Work closely with procurement team to deliver fitting system components on a rapid timeline
· Keep up with technology trends to improve efficiency, cost, logistics, and value to the customers
Knowledge and skills
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience (product management, project management, off-grid industry, customer insights, etc...)
· Project management experience: entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team, or new company. Candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase
· Strong interpersonal skills to interface with all members of both the business and engineering teams
· Ability to coordinate with a diverse group of stakeholders
· Experience designing or building or supporting component based solar systems
· Quantitative analysis skills and an understanding of effective technical communication and data visualization methods
· Ability to breakdown technical decisions into a thorough decision-making process
· Based in one of the following EEA African markets (Benin, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia)
· Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of time
· French is a plus
· Experience in technology required for the role
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
· Posting Date: Apr 12, 2021