At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Job: Pricing and Structuring Advisor
Working in a team environment, the Supply Advisor will participate in the pricing, structuring, and profitability analysis of Engie Resources' retail electricity portfolio. Leveraging advanced analytics, mathematics, and programmatic techniques, the Pricing and Structuring Advisor will identify opportunities, propose solutions, and generate actionable insights in support of sales, pricing, and structuring activities. The Advisor will also develop pricing models for decentralized renewable solutions in support of ENGIE's ambition to lead the zero-carbon energy transformation.
Essential Job Functions
· Manage the retail energy pricing process by setting forward curves and managing the customer pricing deal queue on a daily basis.
· Communicate and advise the Sales team members regarding pricing updates and product structures. Analyze the price and volume risk associated with serving customers on retail products. Model costs of goods and price offerings for structured retail products. Understand drivers of energy prices.
· Monitor regulatory matters at the ISO, utility, and state government level. Work with team members to proactively assess the risks and financial impacts resulting from future regulatory and protocol modifications.
· Advise Sales teams and customers on product attributes. Provide risk evaluations and product choices relative to the customers' needs and risk profile.
· Research complex business problems and identify opportunities to design, develop, and propose actionable solutions in support of pricing, portfolio management and margin analysis activities.
· Support the development and enhancement of models and system platforms to support pricing and portfolio management activities.
· Participate in the development and calibration of historical and forward pricing curves for power, natural gas, ancillary services, renewable energy credits and all other cost components of full requirements retail electricity products.
· Analyze the price, usage, and demand charge risk associated with serving customers on various retail electricity products. Assign and price product structures as appropriate and in accordance with the Engie Resources product catalog and risk guidelines. Book executed retail transactions into the risk system.
· Research and produce ad-hoc analysis on market fundamentals, risk exposure, customer load characteristics, various cost components and regulatory issues to enhance competitiveness, optimize risk exposure and improve the profitability of the retail portfolio.
· Leverage analytical techniques on large data sets to produce actionable analysis on customer buying behavior, competitive trends and profitability of various customer segments.
· Coordinate with various functional groups to review and validate customer revenue and ISO settlement data to gain insights into portfolio profitability. Provide insight into the drivers of portfolio value from budget development through final settlement.
· Support new product development activities through coordination with various internal functional groups.
· Operate as a team member with all employees of ENGIE North America staff.
· Comply with all ENGIE North America policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Problem solving, strong analytical and statistical skills and ability to convey complex technical analysis to a broader audience including senior leadership.
· Understanding of energy market fundamentals, including customer usage properties and pricing methodologies.
· Experience costing and structuring retail contracts backed by unit contingent, intermittent resources.
· Proficient in R, Python, or Stata
· Experience in extraction, transformation, and management of large quantities of data using Python, R, Stata, SQL, Microsoft Power Query, Power BI, or Power Pivot.
· Knowledge of Salesforce Vlocity, Azure, Siebel, and Lodestar.
· Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
· High level of attention to detail
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to think logically and with clear reasoning
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage stressful situations
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy and autonomy.
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Could involve some lifting.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent required.
· MBA or Master's degree a plus
· 7-10 years of experience in competitive retail electric business or gas business.
· Experience in power scheduling, power trading & marketing, portfolio management, generation/asset optimization, and/or product structuring.
· ERCOT market experience strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of ISO website portals and communication protocols is preferred
· Knowledge of wholesale power and/or natural gas product structures. Knowledge of power generation fundamentals a plus. Knowledge of energy derivative and option products a plus.
· Experience with JupyterLab, Microsoft Power BI, or PowerPivot.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
· Posting Date: Jan 9, 2020