ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy.
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Portfolio Mangement Analyst to be based in Leeds. This is a permanent/temporary full time/part time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (1-2 days per week) and standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
· Development of forecasting models for different customers/customer types with a view to improve forecasting performance
· Ensure customers are appropriately set up in relevant forecasting systems and maintenance of portfolio data
· Management of customer consumption data
· Analysis of forecasting performance
· Capacity data submission to system operator
· Ensuring customer trade positions are fully up to date and consistent across all relevant systems.
· Ensuring forward trades and traded positions are consistent with view of trading counterparties.
· Production of analysis to support development of hedging and optimisation strategies.
· Production and development of hedging team KPI’s
· Support the delivery of Retail Profitability project
Knowledge andSkills required:
· Ability to work within tight deadlines
· Able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving
· Strong analytical skills
· Highly numerate
· Microsoft Office proficient, Python skills would be advantageous
· Able to manage large sets of data
· Proven ability to present information effectively.
· Proven ability to organise and produce work under tight deadlines
· Statistical analysis would be advantageous
· Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex environment.
· Degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline or proven relevant industry experience
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Additional Locations: Europe-England-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
· Posting Date: Aug 4, 2022