The Performance Control Analyst II (Financial Planning Analyst) will deliver support within the various division at ENGIE North America. In this role you will report to a Director of Financial Control and will be broadly responsible for financial analysis, reporting, and budgeting for one or more entity for ENGIE North America. You will be in close contact with the finance division, as well as commercial and operational teams to build understanding on key drivers of profitability and risks inherent to deliver monthly and quarterly results for local Management and Group reporting.
This position is based in Houston, TX.
What you’ll do:
· Engage across the organization to coordinate deliverables and to maintain a high level of understanding of the business as necessary to communicate best estimates/early warnings, as well as to respond quickly to ad hoc questions/requests from senior management
· Support management with ad hoc reporting
· Prepare specific financial reports on a recurring basis
· Collaborate with accounting and operations in their financial reporting
· Support accounting to validate the monthly result
· Collaborate with local management to define performance targets and to identify operational and financial performance action plans
· Challenge everyday expenses to improve entity’s financial performance
· Support managerial decisions & business unit financial reporting
· Identify and implement business process improvements to help facilitate data flow to/from financial reporting systems to produce more efficient and relevant outputs and to enhance the control environment
· Collaborate with transversal business unit project, mostly dedicated to performance improvement and alignment with the strategy
What you bring:
· Bachelor’s degree is required, preferred MBA or background in Accounting/CPA
· A Minimum of two (2) years of business experience with (1) plus years of financial reporting experience preferred
· Strong experience creating and working with financial models (financial, commercial, or operational) and an understanding of financial statements
· Advanced Excel knowledge a plus
· Knowledge of SAP (S4, Analytical Cloud, Fiori) a plus, expertise in financial modeling
· Deadline driven with project management skills necessary for cross-organizational coordination and on-time delivery of results and presentations; hands-on and able to step in to assist Management as needed; data- and decision-driven
· Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated; ability to work in a time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines
· Able to work outside of usual US business hours
· Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally figures and provide appropriate context and insights
· Handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy and to bring projects to a close
· Meet highest attendance requirements
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
· Posting Date: Jun 15, 2022