ENGIE is HIRING in College Park, MD!
The Operations Technician III is responsible for the safe and reliable start-up, operation and continuous monitoring of boilers, electric generators, chillers, steam distribution system, steam turbines, and ancillary equipment as directed by management. The position will perform selective maintenance on various in-plant and/or satellite equipment.
What you’ll do:
· Perform preventive, predictive and repair maintenance work tasks on plant equipment
· Responsible for the safe, proper, and efficient operation of all machinery and related equipment
· Diagnose equipment problems, report abnormal conditions to management, and prepare detailed work requests for plant defects
· Inspect plant and equipment, including carrying out scheduled plant checks, and prepare necessary reports and log entries; ensure maintenance requests are completed to a satisfactory standard; assist in planning, organizing, and executing unit outages for inspections, overhauls, repairs and cleaning
· Responsible for interfacing with management to ensure proper operation and maintenance of the fuel handling systems, in accordance with plant procedures, guidelines, and rules; includes driving the Loaders
· Prepare, maintain, and administer procedures and reports related to the operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant; maintain accurate logs of daily operations, complete check sheets, change charts and ink recorders
· Participate in ongoing training to maintain and enhance skills required to perform duties and assist in the training of others
· Master a shift turnover process to ensure a seamless transfer of information to the oncoming shift
What you bring:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Must obtain a MD Stationary Engineer licenses within 1 year of employment
· Valid driver's license and must be insurable by company's vehicle insurance carrier
· Hands-on familiarity with power plant operations, production, or maintenance environment
· Ability to respond to plant emergencies/call-ins (day or night) holidays, weekends
· Ability to work rotating shifts involving weekends, holidays, backshifts, and overtime
· Must possess a high degree of initiative and judgment
· Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
· Good verbal and written communications skills are essential
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, familiarity with Microsoft Office etc.
· Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing
· Capable of performing repetitive motions as required
· Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals
· Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes, and the like) as required
· Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities
· Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses etc.
· Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test (if applicable)
· For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel and use tools
· Frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
· Occasionally required to climb or balance
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel and use tools. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, and heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
· Posting Date: Jun 2, 2021