ENGIE are recruiting for a Multi Technician - Electrical Bias to be based at Kuehne and Nagel Oceans Estate, Trafford Park, Manchester M17 1AT. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm (Call out 1 in 4). On offer is a salary banding of £28,000 - £31,000, dependent upon skills and experience, call out allowance, and benefits package.
The role of the Multi Technician - Electrical, is to operate and maintain the plant at the sites identified above in line with existing procedures, thereby fulfilling site health, safety, environmental, quality and customer service targets. This will include identifying areas for continual improvement. To ensure that all sites under their control are effectively operated to ensure that all third-party contractors who carry out work on the site do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by the relevant Company procedures and site specific procedures where applicable, reporting to the Facilities Manager .
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To follow the company procedures and standards as expressed in the Company Handbooks
· To be aware of the key financial targets for the sites and, in conjunction with the OM, to meet his responsibilities in the most cost-effective manner
· To complete all administrative functions correctly and efficiently, either paper log books or by using appropriate IT software
· To become fully familiar with all Company and site procedures, which affect him and carry out all responsibilities detailed in the iCMS.
· To represent the Company well to customers and external agencies, by reasonable dress and demeanour and ensure the site and all Company property are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
· The responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and other duties maybe required from time to time.
· To carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, repairs and operation of equipment and services in accordance with best practice.
· To carry out reactive works associated with HVAC and other plant where appropriate to site.
· To be familiar with and understand their own role in the business contingency plans for dealing with emergency situations
· To monitor energy usage and report any anomalies to the Service Manager
· To ensure that the Service Manager is kept informed of all aspects of safety performance, plant performance and customers circumstances that may impact upon the safe, efficient, reliable and cost-effective operation of the plant and smooth operation of the plant.
· To become familiar with all company and site procedures, which affect the Service Manager in the completion of all administrative tasks identified by the Cofely ICMS quality system or required by the Customer
· To assist in producing Method Statements and Risk Assessments
· To seek opportunities to develop business potential. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Time served fully qualified engineer with an electrical/mechanical/building services background
· 17th Edition
· Basic IT skills
· Fully qualified engineer with a mechanical background
· Minimum NVQ3 or equivalent in relevant discipline
· IPAF Qualification
· Knowledge of mechanical maintenance techniques
· Knowledge of plant/equipment where appropriate to site. Refrigeration would be an advantage
· Understanding of all relevant legislative and statutory requirements relating to the site
· Control and implementation of Safe Systems of Work
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Ability to diagnose faults and recommend appropriate solutions
· Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
· Effective team player with a proactive approach For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.