ENGIE are recruiting for Multi-Task Janitorial Operatives to be based at CNH Cranes Farm Rd, Basildon, Essex. SS14 3AD. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role of the Multi Task Janitorial Operatives is to provide a quality and professional Cleaning & Waste Management service through carrying out specific tasks to the clients manufacturing & office administrative processes, keeping the demised areas clean and hazard free. Reporting to the Cleaning Supervisor.
Engie are committed to providing training for the successful candidate. We expect the successful candidate to undertake available training courses and research to enhance personal knowledge, skills and experience.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To work as part of a team responsible for the professional cleaning and waste management of our clients equipment and premises under agreed PPM schedules. This will include working in factory and office environments as necessary and some lone working.
· To provide a reactive cleaning & waste spill service when requested by line Supervisor or Engie site management.
· Provide periodic deep cleaning of areas including but not limited to restaurant, kitchens, toilets and offices. Works to include carpet cleaning & hard floor strip, clean and reseal as / when required.
· Maintenance fault reporting to Service Desk or line Supervisor for items such as light bulb replacements, leaking wash basins, damaged ceiling / floor tiles, etc.
· To be fully focused on Health and Safety while working.
· The post holder has a responsibility for ensuring safety in the workplace and in this respect ensuring compliance with all instructions relating to the use and storage of materials/equipment necessary for the performance of his/her tasks.
· Monitoring and reporting to line Supervisor on consumable replacement requirements.
· Ability to competently use industrial cleaning equipment e.g. rotary washer, buffing machines and ride-on sweeper - scrubber dryers.
· Fork lift truck driving certification is essential as part of the waste removal task requirement.
· Provide assistance during small office reorganisations and furniture moves.
· Any other cleaning & waste management duties appropriate to the post as required
· Report to the supervisor any incident or accident
· Basic health and safety qualifications/first aid training preferable – experience of working with and understanding of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and Rescue Team Operations. The successful candidate may be required to become a member of the Confined Space Rescue Team (Engie will provide adequate training as appropriate) For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Good verbal communication skills.
· Team Worker & self-motivated.
· Attention to detail.
· Adaptable to change / flexible working approach.
· Ability to deal with staff and client in a professional and helpful manner.
· Clean Driving Licence is essential.
· Cleaning experience in an office and / or factory environment is preferable For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.