ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
ENGIE are recruiting for 2 x Cleaning Operatives to be based at 1 Vistoria Street, London, SW1H 0ET.
These are permanent, part time roles working 15 hours a week, Monday to Friday 5.00am to 8.00am and on offer will be a salary of £6,388.20 per annum dependant on skills and experience. These roles will report into the Soft Services Manager.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· To carry out all work as requested.
· The Cleaning Operative will be expected to make sure that all their working areas in these premises are kept to the highest standard of hygiene, health and safety and presentation.
· Report to Supervisor/Manager any maintenance issues that may arise.
· Be used to working under pressure, problem solve and to use their initiative when necessary
· Ensure to follow all company systems and processes.
· Observe the site rules and maintain a smart appearance and wearing the companies uniform at all times.
· Be responsible for ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and COSHH laws or regulations to make certain that all company Health and Safety policies, procedures are adhered to.
· Ensure that instructions for the maintenance, cleaning and storage of equipment are always followed.
· Ensure cupboards are kept clean and locked when not in use.
· Be proactive and creative in improving current best working practises, while following the company safety procedures.
· Be prepared to perform any other reasonable duties as requested by Supervisor / Site Manager
· Be willing to deal with individual customer requests in a polite and professional manner at all times to exceed the customer’s expectations.
· Provide support to the wider Cleaning Team within this contract.
· Maintain a positive on-site relationship with customers and be aware of any potential or existing customer dissatisfaction or circumstance and ensure that supervisors / management are suitably informed in a timely manner.
· Act at all times in the best interest of the business to further good relations. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and experience required:
· Experience within the cleaning/hospitality industry with proven knowledge of housekeeping best practices.
· Good Timekeeping and attendance record.
· An outgoing personality with strong customer service focus.
· Proven experience of delivering a high-quality service with an eye for detail, and the ability to communicate those expectations to the rest of the team to achieve the same high standards.
· BICS qualified or similar desirable
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.