ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Supervisor to be based at Trinity Mirror, Oldham and the Blackburn Office. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The normal working hours will be Monday to Friday 08:00am until 17:00pm. You'll will also participate in the callout rota for the northwest regions.
This is a multifunction role covering static and mobile areas, covering 3 days on a static site and 2 days working for the Portfolio Manager at Blackburn. The role is to primarily supervise and manage a static team of engineers, ensuring that all PPM and Reactive Works are completed, adhering to the contract specifications and customer SLA’s.
Working closely with the customer ensuring as a business we react quickly to customer requests prioritising accordingly. Providing engineering support as and when required whether this be in critical situations or to ensure business continuity. Supporting the operational team within the Blackburn office to collaborate and streamline processes which directly impact individual contacts and the business.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To effectively manage a team of engineers carrying out all aspects of maintenance in accordance with strict KPIs/SLAs and in a safe working environment
· As a Site Supervisor, provide timely support to maintain the highest standard of statutory compliance. Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in accordance with the ENGIE Environmental Health & Safety policy, quality, sustainability and energy efficiency related standards
· As a supplier of information, assist in producing all required documentation to ensure that any incidents are recorded and escalated as per the requirements of the contract. Not limited to, but including, risk management, operational continuity, and operational equipment status reports
· Delivery of all specialist engineering services activities obligations under the Contract
· Plan, deliver and review all aspects relating to the provision of specialist engineering services carried out by internal engineering staff and subcontractors
· Implement operational policies and procedures in line with our contractual obligations
· Liaise with all ENGIE Engineers to ensure effective service delivery
· Act as the first point of contact for all site issues
· Manage the engineer’s data and job details in accordance with client and ENGIE requirements to ensure that the Computer Aided Facilities Management System (CAFM) is maintained to a current and accurate status to ensure the highest level of operational resilience and completion of works
· Compile quotations for customer submission/approval
· Assist the Contract Manager in the first instance in the supervision of sub-contractors and specialist providers where required
· Manage the day to day running of the site team
· Participate in the Northwest call out rota for Building Engineering Services for out of hours emergency activities
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Recognised EITB or CITB apprenticeship or other similar approved training or further education qualifications in an appropriate discipline
· Minimum air conditioning engineer qualifications to City & Guilds 2072, NVQ level 2 or equivalent
· Fully conversant with all major manufactures systems and equipment
· Must have City & Guilds award in 2079-11 F-Gas and ODS regulations
· Substantial knowledge and experience of building services/ FM Delivery including legislation
· Commercial awareness
· Team working experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook
· Experience of Planon
· Full UK Driving Licence
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.