ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Electrical Engineer to cover Devon & Cornwall Region. This is a permanent, full time role working 40 hours per week, from the hours of 08:00 - 17:00. On offer is a competitive salary.
To report directly to the Contract Manager with responsibility for the delivery of electrical works including the development of the electrical self-delivery including fixed wire testing and electrical installation projects across the region.
The role will involve the development and maintenance of good working relationships with customer representatives and work in a manner which ensures that all aspects of the service agreement between Engie and the customers are delivered with the requisite levels of professionalism
· To assist in delivering those aspects of the Company Performance Contract as they relate to the site, including satisfying all the requirements of the Company and the contract with the Customer, in line with existing procedures, by:
· Fulfilling site health, safety and environmental, quality and customer service targets.
· Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of existing plant and equipment and diagnosing faults as required.
· Safely and efficiently maintaining (or supervising the maintenance by third party contractors of) existing plant and equipment.
· Safely and efficiently installing (or supervising the installation by third party contractors of) new plant and equipment.
· To attend site in response to breakdowns or failures of the equipment outside of normal working hours (call outs).
· To be familiar with and understand the site contingency plans for dealing with emergency situations.
· To conform to Engie standards, rules and procedures.
· To carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, repairs and operations of equipment and services in accordance with best practice.
· To ensure that all third party contractors that are requested to carry out work on site, do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by any company or site specific procedures.
· To ensure that the Contracts Manager is kept informed of all aspects of safety performance, plant performance and customers circumstances that may impact upon the safe, efficient, reliable and cost effective operation of the plant and smooth operation of the plant.
· To be familiar with all Company and site procedures, which affect him/her, assist the Contract Manager in the completion of all administrative tasks identified by the Engie quality systems or as required by the Customer.
· To produce Site Specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
· To produce Annual Electrical maintenance reports inclusive of any costed remedials.
· To report all incidents and accidents, including near misses to the Contracts Manager
· To deliver all Test and Inspection certification to agreed timescales.
· To produce quotations relating to the remedial works detailed within periodic reports.
· To ensure Calibration of Electrical meters are maintained ensuring compliance at all times.
· To be aware of the key financial targets for the project/ task and, in conjunction with the Contracts Manager, carry out his responsibilities in the most cost effective manner
· To seek opportunities to enhance the Company’s relationship with its existing customers and develop business potential
· To lead initiatives and carry out other duties and projects as delegated or instructed by the Contracts Manager Comply with reasonable requests for information from HSQE manager
· Ensure PPE is up to date and safe
· Ensure you follow risk assessments for all works
· To carry out M&E maintenance tasks on contracts within South Mobile Area.
· To provide cover on M&E Static and Mobile contracts within South Mobile Area.
· There will be a requirement to work out of hours to fulfil commitments of our customers ie Black building testing etc
· To be a member of call out team on call out rota for South Mobile Region For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Acceptable 17th Edition qualifications 2
· City & Guilds 2382-10 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installation (BS7671:2008)
· City & Guilds 2382-20 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installation Update
· Or acceptable equivalent 3
Acceptable 16th Edition qualifications 2
· City & Guilds 2380/2381 (16th Edition Wiring Regulations)
· City & Guilds 2386
· City & Guilds 2360-Part 2 Theory
· City & Guilds 2350 (must have all modules)
· City & Guilds 2400 (must have all modules)
· City & Guilds NVQ Level 3
· City & Guilds 2330 (Parts1, 2 & 3)
· The above 16th edition qualifications must have been achieved post – June 1993
· (except C&G 2380/2381/2386 - which must have been achieved post – June 1992). For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.