ENGIE are currently recruiting for a Mobile Cleaning Supervisor. This is a home-based role, with frequent travel required covering various locations across the West Midlands. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £21,000- £23,000 dependent upon skills and experience and benefits package.
You'll provide first line supervision of the cleaning teams to ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in line with contractual specification.
· Act as ‘hands on’ lead and front-line supervisor for the cleaning team to deliver a quality service
· Supervisory duties for between c.30 and c.60 direct reports
· Act as first port of call for the client for any soft service issue and attend cleaning audits
· Ensure adequate stocks of supplies of cleaning materials and other consumable items are available
· Training, development, and performance review of direct reports
· Organise cover for cleaners when they are on leave/absent within the cleaning budget
· Complete and submit timesheets for the cleaning team, manage/approve cleaning team holidays
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Experience of industry/public cleaning services
· Previous experience of supervising a cleaning team in multiple locations
· Knowledge and understanding of COSHH
· Understanding of basic H&S principles
· Driving Licence
For this role you must undergo BPSS level vetting. Part of this includes DBS clearance therefore ability to pass is essential
ENGIE Benefits Include:
· Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
· Life Insurance
· Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
· Employee personal & professional development profile
· Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services, and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses, and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible, and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: May 27, 2021