We are hiring a Metering Technician at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. This position will report to the Operations and Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for the implementation and overall maintenance of the Metering system.
What you’ll do:
· Diagnose and repair issues with steam, chilled water, gas electric and hot water meters
· Configure, troubleshoot, and repair pressure, differential pressure, and temperature transmitters and RTD, magnetic flow meters, ultrasonic steam flow meters, flow computer issues, and meter network communication equipment
· Maintain and repair stainless steel sensing lines, valves, and fittings
· Maintain, repair, and terminate low voltage signal wiring for meters and communications
· Ensure that all new meters are installed according to plans and specifications.
· Maintain detailed maintenance and calibration records
· Provide repair part numbers and information to supervisor for procurement purposes
· Perform periodic calibrations of meter equipment per the Preventative Maintenance program
· Utilizes calibration equipment for meter calibrations, including:
· HART Communicator
· Pressure calibrators and gauges
· RTD simulator
· Signal generators
· Metrology well
· Participate in new meter start-ups and commissioning
· Assist in configuring meter points, history, and trends in the Data Acquisition system.
· Assist in monitoring meter system for issues. Checks for communication issues
· Review building trends to check for issues
· Analyze problematic system situations, recommends and implements corrective solutions
· Review and updates system documentation, including wiring diagrams
· Assist in maintaining configuration files for meters and flow computers
· Assist in Utility Plant instrumentation maintenance as needed
· Develop and maintain good relationships with various Georgetown University entities
What you bring:
· A minimum of a HS Diploma and/or equivalent
· Associates degree in Electronics preferred
· A minimum of three (3) years' experience in industrial power plant controls and/or experience in a related field
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
· Subject to 24-hour emergency call in
· For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S., there is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Could involve some lifting
· Ability to work in hot or cold temperatures, dusty and noisy conditions, on elevated platform and ladders, and around rotating equipment
· Ability to read wiring diagrams
· Ability to work on achieving and potentially exceed targets as a team
· Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
· Posting Date: Jul 19, 2021