EQUANS are recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to be based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
What will you deliver?
The Mechanical Technician must fully understand the normal operations of the plant and be conversant with the individual systems which make process safety.
· Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs all mechanical, pneumatic, steam raising, chilled and cooling water and electrical generating equipment and systems used for the generating complex safe operation,
· Being able to accurately measure equipment, with the correct test equipment provided,
· Able to understand P&ID’s, schematics and maintenance manuals and trace out and test mechanical systems to locate defective parts,
· Must be able to fault find in a systematic manner,
· Removes defective mechanical equipment from system, repair and refit mechanical components into system,
· Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in mechanical, pneumatic, steam raising, chilled and cooling water and electrical generating equipment systems,
· Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard,
· Ensure any work tasks are closed promptly to allow for timely processing and reporting,
· Have a thorough understanding on Permit to Work Systems, and all other relevant Health and Safety requirements including writing and application of Risk Assessments and Method Statements,
· Be a source of site reference for all Mechanical enquiries to support Senior Managers,
· Carry out Mechanical Planned Preventative Maintenance activities on the site,
· Carry out Mechanical Reactive works on the site,
· Competent on the Plant Maintenance system Pirana
· Capable of sourcing and purchasing parts and equipment for plant operations
· Control and manage consumable parts/spares,
· Plan and manage spares for outages,
· Where necessary modifies the existing systems for safe operation,
· Analyses operational data and presenting findings in written report,
· Works in close collaboration with Operations, and other internal staff,
· Liaise with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities,
· Understands and ensures compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards,
· Develops specifications for nonstandard apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test, and capabilities of procurable test apparatus,
· Operates test apparatus during test cycle to produce, regulate, and record effects of actual or simulated conditions, such as vibration, stress, temperature, humidity, pressure, altitude, and acceleration,
· Analyses and converts test data to usable form, using mathematical formulas, and prepares graphs and written reports to translate test results,
· Develop test protocols for equipment in line with Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive maintenance requirements,
· Perform general maintenance on the equipment,
· Develop a good relationship with third party contractors especially on new equipment,
· Work on developing relationships with other Technicians,
· Manage site spares for all mechanical equipment.
· Fully trained to do Fgas sampling, capable of working on Natural Gas Systems and Exhaust Emission monitoring and analysing,
· Ability to work unsupervised and function as part of a team,
· Must have First Aid Training,
· Trained to undertake LV isolation in conjunction with Mechanical tasks,
· To be conversant in LV & HV Electrical Switching and Permits
· Be fully conversant with Site Operating Procedures, Plans and any Protocols and actively work as a member of the Safety Team.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
· Pension Scheme
· 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
· Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we?
EQUANS is a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees leveraging 200 years of expertise. With revenues of €12 billion, EQUANS is present in 17 countries - mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
In the UK, & Ireland, all of ENGIE’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration are now part of EQUANS. The new entity also includes specialist energy related capabilities: smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS is an autonomous business within ENGIE Group – with its own dedicated management team and operating structure to help further accelerate growth and service performance.
EQUANS supports its customers by mobilising its expertise to provide low-carbon energy solutions, offer cutting-edge technical and FM services and transformative regeneration in the UK & Ireland. From homes to cities, hospitals to the heart of government, offices to industry.
EQUANS empowers transitions both for today and tomorrow.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about EQUANS, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. EQUANS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
· Posting Date: May 5, 2022