Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit collectively thrive.
The “Energy” Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields:
· Power, Heat and Desalination
· Gas: energy generation and pipelines
· Wind, on-shore and offshore
· Hydrogen, Energy Storage and Solar PV
· Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
The Business Entity “Belgium” is one of the 6 geographical business entities within Tractebel ENGIE. This entity is built upon 4 product lines active in the Energy, Water, Urban and Nuclear businesses.
Our entity aims to grow its business by offering its customers and prospects attractive, competitive and innovative offers in energy, urban and water.
The “Wind Energy” Department is responsible for all the engineering related to the development and realisation of Wind energy generation projects (onshore and offshore).
As Mechanical Systems Engineer in Offshore Wind Energy, you will will focus on the technical spaces, offshore installation’s systems and mechanical equipment. The integration of all systems in the design within the set space boundaries is a true challenge for you. You will liaise with project engineers, project manager, engineering partners, manage engineering subcontractors and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that:
· regulative requirements have been met in rule based designs
· ALARP requirements have been met in risk based designs
The projects you will be working on can include technical consultancy, design engineering, lender’s engineering and owner’s engineering disciplines and shall be in the extent possible specifically related to offshore wind.
· Execute engineering in 4 phases: concept design, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support
· Supervise engineering partners and subcontractors who would work for/with you. Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors
· Monitor quality. Assess mechanical systems inputs from our own teams, but also from suppliers and subcontractors
· Perform simple calculations, strength, flow and frequency calculations specified by classification societies
· Prepare technical space layouts, system diagrams, outfitting arrangements
· Support in client, Class and national authorities approval process
· Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers
· Prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs
· Ensure good communication in the project: with the client, team members, vendors/partners, lender’s engineer, Management; arrange/participate in project meetings;
· Ensure that all project and corporate procedures are correctly followed, especially regarding HSE;
· Ensure that knowledge within his/her fields of expertise is capitalized upon.
· Monitor and ensure the satisfaction of the client
· Look for continuous improvement in all processes and methodologies.
· Actively take part in innovative projects such as floating offshore projects, hybrid renewable projects including offshore energy.
· Graduate-level engineer;
· Minimum 7 years of professional seniority
· Minimum experience intechnical coordination function in multidisciplinary teams/projects, including 5 years for offshore wind projects. Participation to floating offshore wind projects is an asset;
· Formal training in project management is an asset;
· Good customer handling and communication skills;
· Experience in an international environment is a strong asset;
· Experience with programming software.
· Excellent English language skills;
· Stress resistant, results-focused, determined, decisive, well-organised;
· Ready to travel for short or medium missions is required. Prepared to travel several weeks abroad per year (Short missions possible to Hamburg into Tractebel Overdick premises).
· Posting Date: Apr 22, 2021