ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy.
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Market Analyst to be based in Leeds. This is a permanent/temporary full time/part time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (1-2 days per week) and standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
· Investigation of adverse gas and electricity hedging and balancing costs and identification of root causes.
· Development of hedging & optimisation strategy proposals to mitigate balancing cost risk.
· Monitoring the performance of shift team short term trading and forecasting.
· Analysis of gas and electricity market trends.
· Provide business support for the development and implementation of LPM Information Systems and regulatory projects.
· Review, update and maintain gas and electricity forward curve models and scalars
· Production of balancing cost budget figures for both Electricity and Gas.
· Development & maintenance of budget models and methodologies.
· Accurate production and timely distribution of:
- Gas and Electricity Daily Balancing report
- Month Ahead Gas Summary and Invoicing Report
- Shift Team trading performance reports
- LPM Monthly KPI reports
- Weekly Market Bulletin report
· Present market updates to key account customers and internal stakeholders
· Support the validation of industry settlement energy allocation against business view of metered data
· Adherence to internal processes and risk frameworks.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
· Strong analytical skills.
· Highly numerate.
· Able to work within tight deadlines and produce effective work.
· Demonstrable approach to problem solving.
· Proven ability to present information effectively.
· Microsoft Office proficient with strong Excel skills
· Knowledge of UK gas and electricity markets would be advantageous.
· Statistical or analytical background.
· Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex environment.
· Experience of managing large sets of data.
· Experience of working in the energy industry
· Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or specific related experience
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Additional Locations: Europe-England-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
· Posting Date: Oct 4, 2022