Offsetting, carbon accounting and climate finance
Sustainability Solutions EMEAI
While society is making strides toward a sustainable future, it isn’t happening fast enough.
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments worldwide. We help organizations accelerate their sustainability transformations by providing end-to-end solutions that are environmentally and economically beneficial and result in long-term growth.
From strategy to implementation , our goal is to help our clients embed sustainability throughout their operations, saving money and resources, and reducing their impact on the environment. ENGIE Impact is unique because we can leverage ENGIE Group’s world-class expertise in zero-carbon energy, mobility, and buildings as well as innovative digital tools and financing capabilities to offer our clients a true end-to-end solution.
The Sustainability Solutions group within ENGIE Impact is a growing team of deep experts and top-tier consultants who are translating these capabilities into solutions for our clients’ most complex challenges.
With 20 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
ENGIE Impact provides integrated solutions combining management and strategy, technology and engineering, digital, financing, and implementation capabilities to help our clients accelerate their transformation across all decarbonization levers.
To support efficiently the expansion of ENGIE Impact in the EMEAI region, and bring the highest standard of consulting services to ENGIE Impact’s clients we are looking for a :
Project Manager - Offsetting, carbon accounting & climate finance
As a Manager, you will actively manage client relationships, deliver projects to client specification, grow the business through sales and business development, lead value propositions, develop teams and coach junior personnel.
The position location will be in one of our regional offices in France (Paris), Belgium (Brussels), UK (London) or Germany.
Manage customer relationship and delivery
· Lead and facilitate effective client engagements
· Oversee the delivery of an entire engagement and / or technical workstream
· Coordinate all project streams and stakeholders (Client, Engie Impact, other Engie entities,…), with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural dimensions.
· Ensure program is effectively delivered, on time, on budget and with the expected quality
· Manage project staffing needs & requirements.
· Be accountable for project financials
· Animate the key milestones of the project through client meetings, workshops and engagements.
· Participate to the project delivery bringing your own expertise of the sector (technical, economic,…)
Contribute actively to business development
· Identify business opportunities with existing clients to up-sell and on-sell
· Identify other opportunities for Engie Impact and the Engie Group along the project delivery path.
· Build impactful offers, leveraging your client knowledge and market insights
· Develop a deep understanding of client’s needs to design/review sustainability strategy offerings tailored to the needs of the clients
· Develop proposals under the supervision of your leadership, utilising analyst/consulting team
· Promote Engie Impact by building and developing a strong network, attending key events regarding sustainable transition.
Manage and develop people
· Manage analysts and consultants and contribute to their skills development though coaching and mentoring: help grow sustainably our RE practice in EMEAI
· Contribute to grow sustainably our Offsetting, carbon accounting and climate finance practice in EMEAI
Your role must be performed in full compliance with the ENGIE Impact’s standards in terms of Quality / Safety / Legal / Ethics.
Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the decarbonization challenges of today and tomorrow.
Background and Experience
· You have a Master’s degree or MBA from a high-ranked Business or Engineering School.
· You have 5+ years of professional experience.
· You have 3+ years of experience in consulting and sustainability.
· You have experience in climate change consulting including delivering programs on climate mitigation, target setting, net zero and carbon neutrality
· You have experience in carbon accounting, measurement and reporting including core carbon frameworks (e.g. SBTi, CDP, RE100, TCFD, GHG Protocol, Scope 3)
· You have experience of carbon markets and climate finance including understanding of carbon project standards, technologies, project due diligence
· You are strongly aware of environmental issues and willing to contribute actively to sustainable transition, particularly leveraging your state of the art knowledge on solutions in offsetting, carbon accounting and climate finance
· You have experience of project management, commercial development and project delivery.
· Nice to have: experience of project development, particularly nature-based solutions
· Nice to have: experience in financial analysis.
Communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
· You demonstrate strong advisory skills: complex problem solving, high quality analysis and hypothesis testing, excellent written and verbal communication skills, capacity to identify issues conjointly with clients, capacity to influence client strategic decision-making, capacity to provide clients with strong convictions around business issues and innovative ideas.
· You are recognized for your interpersonal skills and relationship building: demonstrated leadership and team spirit, capacity to develop and leverage your networking, ability to develop talents.
· You demonstrate a capacity to engage with clients to address complex topics in a simple way.
· Microsoft Suite
· Nice to have: experience in carbon accounting software
· You are fully proficient in English both written and spoken
· Nice to have: Knowledge of a language of one of our local offices (Dutch, French, German)
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
· Additional Locations: Europe-Germany, Europe-England-London, Europe-France-Île-de-France-Paris
· Posting Date: Oct 21, 2021