EQUANS are recruiting for a Maintenance Electrician to be based in Nottingham. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The primary purpose of the role is to carry out both planned and reactive maintenance on a wide variety of Electrical Buildings Services Engineering Assets, ensuring all activities are completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with the contracted output specifications and ENGIE processes and procedures. This includes Legionella control and monitoring activities.
· Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to the electrical infrastructure and plant in accordance with Site task schedules and CAFM.
· Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the sites are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made.
· Ensure that plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order.
· Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
· Ensure that all relevant paperwork/CAFM is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
· Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are always prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices.
· To develop a good working relationship with all members of Engie staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
· Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
· Ensure the professional image of Engie is presented to clients at all times
· Ensure up to date plant logs are kept at all times
· Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of Engie are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
· Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
· To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
· To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
· Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
· Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
· Ensure CAFM system, e.g. PlanOn, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
· To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Engie’s Technical and SHEQ processes and client requirements (or approved client system).
· To carry out any other task as directed by the account management team.
· The position will require you to provide engineering support in emergency situations to ensure business and operational continuity.
Client / Customer
· Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests
· Coordinate quotations with the contract manager
· Production of information for quotations
Helpdesk - PPM
· Support the Helpdesk as required when reporting or updating planned and reactive maintenance
· Be available for out of hours call-out support for the contract
· To gain Technical Appointments as required e.g. LVCP/LVAP/HVAP and to issue PTW to Subcontractors and ENGIE staff
· Ensure both self-delivered and subcontracted maintenance, testing and inspection activities are in compliance with the latest version of BS7671, ensuring that all remedials are carried out
· Produce Condition / Dilapidation Reports as required
· Ensure supervisor is informed immediately if dangerous circumstances occur
· Comply with requests for information from SHEQ manager
· Ensure you work to company health and safety policy
· Ensue PPE is safe to use
· Report accident and near misses in a timely manner
· Ensure your test equipment is within calibration
· Ensure you follow Method Statements & Risk Assessments for all works
· Working to high standard of Building Maintenance, we require a fully reliable and competent Electrician who can work on own initiative, within a team or oversee subcontractor’s, producing high quality reports on their findings and work. The role will involve being the face of ENGIE so smart appearance and being able to discuss findings with others including customers is required.
· The successful candidate will have the ability to fault find and diagnose and rectify complex Electrical faults and issues unaided.
· Have an excellent knowledge of Electrical systems, which will enable the development of switching schedules and Safety Documentation prior to shutdowns.
· To plan and oversee electrical shutdowns to permit maintenance or testing.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, car or car allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
· Pension Scheme
· 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
· Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
· 236 City & Guild Electrical qualified/ 232 or equivalent, 239 Inspection and test desirable but not essential, or any other relevant electrical qualification
· 17th edition IEE Qualified or 18th ideally
· M&E Maintenance background
Who are we?
EQUANS is a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees leveraging 200 years of expertise. With revenues of €12 billion, EQUANS is present in 17 countries - mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
In the UK, & Ireland, all of ENGIE’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration are now part of EQUANS. The new entity also includes specialist energy related capabilities: smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS is an autonomous business within ENGIE Group – with its own dedicated management team and operating structure to help further accelerate growth and service performance.
EQUANS supports its customers by mobilising its expertise to provide low-carbon energy solutions, offer cutting-edge technical and FM services and transformative regeneration in the UK & Ireland. From homes to cities, hospitals to the heart of government, offices to industry.
EQUANS empowers transitions both for today and tomorrow.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about EQUANS, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. EQUANS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
· Posting Date: Jul 1, 2022