ENGIE are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2TH.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, the Maintenance assistant is responsible for delivering general planned and reactive maintenance works across the site keeping in line with company policies and client service level agreement.
This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
What is your day to day?
• To perform a wide range of work to his/her skill level. e.g. lamping, unblocking toilets, minor painting, assisting when Estates carrying out fire alarm system testing, monitoring engine and load readings when testing generators, taking and recording tap temperatures for legionella prevention, fault-finding on non-complex equipment and assisting in electrical/plumbing/building installation work.
• To manufacture, assemble and install new work as appropriate to his/her skill level.
• To understand the general working of the hospital's Estates Department, so that work can be carried out in the most efficient manner and be pro-active in developing new ways of working.
• To use all relevant tools and equipment as appropriate to his/her skill level.
• Requirement to learn new techniques with training as necessary. This may include for example Procedures for releasing trapped persons in lifts and Statutory requirements for ladder inspections.
• To carry out unsupervised minor maintenance and repairs and report any defects, unusual circumstances, delays or difficulties encountered to the Chargehand and with departments.
• Ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance work is carried out
• effectively in compliance with maintenance instructions.
• Produce if necessary, list of materials to carry out remedial repairs or alterations to current task. Report if stock of consumable items or spares are low.
Who are you?
• Previous appropriate working experience or training, in skills development, including the safe use of tools and equipment.
• Experience in a building maintenance or industrial environment.
• To apply the application gained through experience in dealing with a range of work procedures and practices some of which are no-routine.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Able to record information accurately e.g. log sheets, list of material requirements.
• Ability to use hand tools, associated trade tools, equipment and machinery for maintenance, repair and minor improvement/new work to required standard.
• Able to read, interpret and understand written instruction
• Understand requirements of working in an environment similar to that found in health care premises.
• Succesful candidates will be required to pass an enahnced DBS check
Who are we?
ENGIE employs 17,000 people in the UK and over 160,000 worldwide, achieving revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018
What’s in it for you?
This is a full time, permanent position. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
• Life Insurance
• Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
• Employee personal & professional development profile
• Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to apply! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: May 30, 2021