EQUANS are recruiting for a Legal Counsel to be based in either Leeds or London. This is a permanent full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
EQUANS are recruiting for an outstanding Legal Counsel – Dispute Resolution, to be part of the UK MBU legal team and to be responsible for providing focussed and strategic litigation and dispute resolution advice, with a focus on construction-related matters, to senior management and business stakeholders across both UK MBU Divisions.
What will you deliver?
· Deliver commercially sensible and practical litigation and dispute resolution advice across the business with an aim of balancing legal risk, driving innovation, reducing external legal spend where appropriate and being viewed as integral to decision making throughout the UK MBU and its Divisions.
· Manage and resolve disputes of the UK MBU, on wide-ranging issues including, defects, delay and disruption, loss and expense and variations claims, payment disputes (including withholding and final account claims), adjudications under statute and ADR under contractual dispute resolution mechanisms
· Provide training to the business on an ad hoc basis and in a more structured format as the business requires.
· Develop excellent working relationships with senior management teams in all UK BU Divisions to inspire trust and respect in advice given.
· Manage external legal counsel, optimising use of resources and negotiating cost effective fee arrangements
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, car or car allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
· Pension Scheme
· 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to 3x times annual salary
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
· Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalised support programmes
Who are we looking for?
· English qualified solicitor with minimum 6 years PQE in litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Excellent knowledge of construction matters (e.g., the Construction Act and CDM Regulations) is essential, experience with (disputes involving) PFI contracts desirable.
· Strong commercial approach and proven technical ability to formulate advice succinctly and communicate it effectively orally or in writing.
· Able to provide independent advice together with the flexibility to deliver it in a fast-moving business environment with multiple commercial pressures and deadlines.
· Willingness to take ‘ownership’ of role and make a genuine contribution to the business.
· Capability to work across the UK MBU and its Divisions, at all levels, dealing with a varied workload and complex disputes, requiring timely commercial and legal advice within tight deadlines.
Who are we?
EQUANS is a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees leveraging 200 years of expertise. With revenues of €12 billion, EQUANS is present in 17 countries - mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
In the UK, & Ireland, all of ENGIE’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration are now part of EQUANS. The new entity also includes specialist energy related capabilities: smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS is an autonomous business within ENGIE Group – with its own dedicated management team and operating structure to help further accelerate growth and service performance.
EQUANS supports its customers by mobilising its expertise to provide low-carbon energy solutions, offer cutting-edge technical and FM services and transformative regeneration in the UK & Ireland. From homes to cities, hospitals to the heart of government, offices to industry.
EQUANS empowers transitions both for today and tomorrow.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about EQUANS, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. EQUANS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
· Posting Date: May 5, 2022