Junior Supplier Quality Engineer
Upstream Supply Chain
Manufacturing Quality Manager
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This position is part of the Manufacturing Quality team based in Shenzhen, China, led by the Manufacturing Quality Manager and working closely with other Operations and Product/R&D teams. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to join a high-performing team that is passionate about bringing products of the highest quality to off-grid customers at the base of the pyramid.
Key responsibilities will include ensuring that suppliers meet requirements, and driving improvements where necessary among those same suppliers using rigorous processes and technical expertise. Your insights will make a meaningful impact by enabling Fenix to continuously push for better from their manufacturing partners.
· Contribute to supplier selection via onsite audits and off-the-shelf sample evaluation
· Help to verify new hardware designs in collaboration with Product/R&D
· Support quality assurance of new products, production lines and engineering changes (including PPAPs, document audits, line audits and pre-shipment inspections)
· Assist with the resolution of any quality problems identified at suppliers
· Supervise customs inspections for key shipments
· Work to continuously optimize suppliers’ quality and manufacturing processes
Knowledge and skills
· Experience working in consumer-electronics manufacturing
· Understanding of consumer-electronics manufacturing and testing processes
· Knowledge of quality-assurance methods
· Experience working with hardware suppliers
· Ability to proactively and independently drive change
Bachelor’s degree in any scientific, engineering, or related field
· Excellent command of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge of any high-level programming languages is highly desirable
· Experience with LabView is desirable
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
· Posting Date: Mar 30, 2021