ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 280 highly specialised engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralised or decentralised, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME’s, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialised expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and the UAE.
Junior Solar Photovoltaics Engineer
We are looking for a Solar Photovoltaics Engineer and a hands-on entrepreneurial personality. You will be mainly involved in research projects related to the technical development of innovative products and solutions for the solar photovoltaics industry. You are driven by scientific curiosity and are constantly looking for the newest (often digital) bricks that push forward the projects to reach their objectives. Your “can-do” attitude allows you to quickly understand the benefits of new tools and methods to integrate them pragmatically. You understand how to translate customer requirements into technical objectives and development needs. Reversely, you understand how innovative technical solutions bring value to customers. You build further on existing solutions and products, contribute to improving them. You are eager to take project responsibility as part of the realization of our innovation and research strategy roadmap.
As a Junior Solar Photovoltaics Engineer, you will have the following main responsibilities:
· Contribute to the team’s research & innovation projects that are part of the ENGIE Research Solar Roadmap and other Research Programs
· Contribute to the solar team’s capabilities to model photovoltaic installations (small scale as well as large scale)
· Contribute to the technical development of the solar team’s market products and solutions
· Perform analysis of large fleet datasets for identification of performance issues, classification and prioritization of interventions as part of an ongoing research project
· Contribute to the development of the solar team’s expertise regarding photovoltaic yield simulations versus actual solar fleet operating behaviour
· Follow the international scientific community and literature on the subject
· Contribute to research project proposals by collecting and consolidating inputs from colleagues, clients, partners, etc.
· Contribute to the identification and set-up of research and commercial collaborations with new clients and partners in function of regional market requirements.
· You have a Master of Science degree in Electro-technical/Mechanical/Renewable Engineering or equivalent.
· Knowledge of PV technology
· First experience with PV system design at least for residential scale installations
· Good understanding of the operating behavior of photovoltaic systems in function of temperature, irradiation, etc.,
· Knowledge of the photovoltaics components supplier landscape and technology trends in mechanical and electrical components
· First experience with photovoltaic performance monitoring, data-analytics, asset performance dashboards, with visualization of data and programming skills,
· First experience with SCADA systems, data-logging, communication protocols, user-interfaces, digital tools for photovoltaics
· Independent judgment skills & action orientation for obtaining required results.
· Excellent oral and written French and English communication skills - fluent both in general and subject-matter related technical vocabulary.
· You are also fluent in Dutch. Any other language is a plus.
· You are accurate, diplomatic, and you have an eye for details.
· Willingness to travel - about 20%.
· You are a team player, excited to join a world-class team.
· a competitive salary, supplemented by numerous benefits
· a wide range of training and development opportunities
· a healthy work/life balance, and
· an exciting career in a leading competence centre, with prospects within the ENGIE group, the international energy player of which Laborelec is a part.
Your HR contact person: Amaury De Meester – email@example.com
Workplace : ENGIE Lab Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
· Posting Date: Mar 26, 2021