Junior Project Engineer Onshore Wind
As one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients’ most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
In order to strengthen its “Wind” team, Tractebel is actively looking for a Project Engineer Onshore Wind - Wind Energy
The working environment
The Business Entity Belgium is one of the geographical business entities within Tractebel ENGIE.
In this Business Entity, the Business Line Energy aims to grow its business by offering its customers and prospects attractive, competitive and innovative offers in energy in the widest possible range.
The Business Line Energy is responsible for all the engineering related to the development and realisation of energy generation projects based on amongst others wind, solar, biomass, geothermal and gas and of energy distribution and storage projects including substations, interconnections, battery and hydrogen storage. These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
Within the Business Line Energy, the wind team handles with onshore and offshore wind projects both in Belgium and abroad. Projects cover all phases of development, realisation and commissioning of projects as from a single turbine (2-3 MW) upto > 500 MW projects.
· You deliver engineering and consulting services during the development of wind energy projects in Belgium
Your main duties include:
· Evaluate the most appropriate technical solutions;
· Technico-economic optimization of the projects;
· Prefeasibility studies, Feasibility studies, Permit requests;
· Support the development of the projects;
· Regular contact with the clients;
· You can detect potential risks for the projects and propose mitigation measures;
· You take part in the development of the team (expertise, innovation);
· You take care of the contact with the Client and the project contractors;
· You have a Master Degree in Engineering or similar;
· Native proficiency in Dutch AND/OR French and you are fluent in English;
· Ideally, you have one/two years of technical background in the development and realisation of wind power projects;
· You have strong analytical skills and have an eye for the detail;
· You are a good team player and you aim at meeting the Client’s expectations;
· Knowledge of simulation software (like WAsP, WindPro, Windfarmer) or of GIS software (like Arcgis, QGIS ) is an asset;
· Programming skills (visual basic or python) is an asset;
· You can work autonomously, efficiently to meet personal and general objectives;
· You are dynamic and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· You are flexible, you are good at planning concurrent assignments and you are a good organiser, even in unexpected circumstances;
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Apr 6, 2021