As one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients’ most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
IMDC/Tractebel Product Line Ports & Waterways seeks:
Junior Engineer Ports & Waterways
The working Environment
“Ports and Waterways” is one of the product lines of Technum/Tractebel, specialized in port engineering and waterway infrastructure, with projects all over the world. The available technical competence within our team covers the complete range of marine infrastructure: quay walls, locks, port expansion, jetties, master planning, off shore wind foundations, dikes, bridges, tunnels, flood protections, etc. Our team develops projects from feasibility, over conceptual and detailed design through owners engineering, in close collaboration with our national and international clients.
To tackle the exciting challenges that lie ahead, we will strengthen our team in Ghent and Ostend and are looking for dynamic and motivated people with a desire to grow.
· You carry out design work and keep up with new techniques and developments in your discipline
· You follow up the drafting work with the CAD designers
· You assist the project leader with his management duties
· You communicate with other project/discipline members
· You are reporting to the project leader and your team manager
· You develop your technical skills (SCIA Engineer, DSheet Piling, Ansys, Plaxis, …)
· You recently graduated or are about to graduate as a Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a Major in ‘Dredging and Off-Shore Engineering’ or ‘Construction Design’
· You have specific interest in structural design and soil-structure interaction of offshore substructures or other waterbound infrastructure
· You are a team player
· You are dynamic, precise and creative.
· You have proficient knowledge of standard computer programs including spreadsheats and word processing.
· Expertise in modeling with SCIA Engineer, Plaxis, GeoStudio and/or ANSYS (ASAS) is an asset.
· You are mobile and open to missions abroad (short or medium-term).
· You have a good command of at least two of the following languages, with excellent writing skills: Dutch – English – French.
· You have an international driving license / driving license “B”.
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: May 3, 2019