ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for four Joiners with experience in fire stopping the roel will be based in Leeds. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
The main purpose of the role is to provide trade service, working on their allocated site.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Carry out Passive Fire stopping works throughout independent living schemes
· Install Fire Doors and Fire Door sets
· Effectively assess and adjust Fire Doors to ensure tolerances are achieved
· Assist with the adherence to the Company quality standards including:
· Compliance with specification
· Understand and work in accordance with Manufacturers drawings and details
· Compliance with materials / workmanship schedules
· Maintain and care for all company tools
· To use appropriate safety equipment
· To wear appropriate clothing / uniform
· To ensure areas of work are left clean and tidy at the end of the day
· Material co-ordination
· Ensure accurate / timely completion of any relevant site based documentation
· To be responsible for and take due care of the company van in accordance with the company car policy
· To be responsible for holding keys for communal entrances, meter cupboards and allow access where appropriate
· Carry out works as directed by the Site Manager to agreed quality standards and certified methods.
· Assist tradesman as directed in carrying out their day to day duties
· Advise Site Manager of any Health & Safety infringements they might see
· Load and unload deliveries as required
· Undertake all work to a high standard with minimal risk to Health and Safety
· To work with others and provide a courteous and considerate service to members of the public
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Previous trades experience in Fire stopping and fire related joinery works like fitting fire doors
· Up to date relevant industry related knowledge
· NVQ Level 3 Joinery
· NVQ Level 2 Fire Stopping
· Asbestos Awareness
· Understanding of local government
· Understanding of accredited works and strict methods of installations
· Experience of Partnership arrangements
· Current and Valid Full & Clean UK driving licence
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Additional Locations: Europe-England
· Posting Date: Apr 12, 2021