ENGIE are recruiting for an IT Apprentice to be based in Newcastle. This is a 15 month apprentice full time role working 37.5 hours per week standard office (9am - 5pm Mon-Fri). On offer is a salary in line with the Government Apprenticeship Scheme.
About ENGIE UK:
ENGIE is a company global energy infrastructure, solutions and services group with more than 20,000 employees across the UK.
About ENGIE SSC:
Our Shared Service Centre is based on Quorum Business Park, Newcastle, NE12 8EX where we provide support to the wider ENGIE UK business, the SSC is a rapidly growing shared service centre currently employing approximately 300 talented individuals who are given great opportunities to grow their careers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who would like to join our IT Apprentices scheme, which for the right candidate could lead to a permanent position.
Working towards a Level 3 IT Qualification – Infrastructure Technician, whilst gaining practical work experience over 12 months. Experience will be gained with the IT Service Desk
Online Course work and work-based assessments in conjunction with QA Apprenticeships, and typical duties you will be learning will include:
· Provide end user support to key ENGIE clients
· Use domain admin tools and remote desktop takeover
· Provide installation, configuration and support for laptops, desktops, thin client devices and printers
· Identify and resolve incidents within agreed SLAs, ensuring first time fix is achieved where possible and maintain ownership of the issue until resolved
· Log, prioritise, assign, track and respond to incidents and requests in a timely manner
· Take ownership of the case management life cycle, updating customers where necessary
· Professionally resolve complaints
· Contribute ideas for improvements to the IT Service Desk Team Leads
· Contribute to the improvement of Service Desk documentation
· Monitor incident trends and identify recurring incidents for resolution
· Contribute to root cause analysis for major problems
· Ensuring that together the team develops effective working relationships at all levels
· Providing a positive Customer Experience by simplifying complex technical messages
The role is required to:
· Provide IT Service Desk support for the ENGIE UK Business Unit For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Ideally have achieved, or expected to achieve, 4 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A- C including Maths and English
· Ideally hold or expect to gain, a recognised qualification in IT
If you can answer yes to any of the questions below, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
· Do you have good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to express solutions and ideas?
· How are your administration skills? Can you use email, word and spreadsheets?
· Can you demonstrate a good technical understanding and knowledge of common software packages?
· How’s your ability to explain routine tasks to others as directed? Can you listen and follow instructions?
· Do you work well on your own and able to prioritise your workload?
· Are you good at planning and have good organisational skills?
· Can you remain calm under pressure?
· Do you have a logical approach to problem solving?
· Are you a good team player?
· Are you able to provide high standards of customer service? Essential Disposition:
· Are you motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated to achieving results and high standards?
· Do you have the ability to work consistently in an enthusiastic and professional manner?
· Can you work as part of a team or to work unsupervised as required?
· Do you have a keen interest and demonstrable passion for IT?
· A commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination policies?
Demonstration of the above via interview and assessment.
Closing Date 24th September
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.