Welcome to ENGIE Generation Europe ! This Business Unit of ENGIE has the ambition to become the perfect complement to renewable energy and to proactively guide the industry into its energy transition!
For IS Network department, in Wilrijk, we are looking for a Network Junior Engineer
The Junior Network Engineer will bring his expertise to the team for the numerous network challenges within the IT network of the Generation Europe BU, mainly for our Power Plants Sites. The candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor Fortinet Firewalls, Cisco Switches, and all other active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation. He will mainly take care of the incidents and changes.
· You are responsible for answering queries and addressing Network and user issues in a timely and professional manner by monitoring and responding quickly to incoming requests relate to Network issues.
· Understanding and proactively maintaining daily system performance, having the ability to troubleshoot Network problems, and innate follow-up and follow-through skills are all essential aspects of the help desk support’s day-to-day role.
· Collaborate with other team members to solve complex problems and ensure continuity of the business.
· Replace and maintain existing network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/WIFI).
· Maintain and monitor all virtual private networks for staff and backup site connectivity.
· Carry out maintenance on infrastructure.
· Work closely with System Administrators to provide support for back-end communication within the network in both the data center and local offices.
· Create and maintain network diagrams and documentation.
· Ensure adherence to company’s I.T. policies and procedures.
· Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks, stakeholders, budget, and time.
General Requirements :
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus
· A first experience in and industrial environment is an asset;
· You have strong analytical skills and have an eye for the detail;
· You are a good team player and you aim at meeting the Client’s expectations;
· You are highly motivated, eager to learn and broaden your knowledge with respect to the field; Network systems and equipment in particular;
· You are able to function in a team realizing the complete project together;
· You can work autonomously, efficiently to meet personal and general objectives;
· You are dynamic and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· You are flexible, you are good at planning concurrent assignments and you are a good organizer, even in unexpected circumstances;
· As IS Network Engineer you have a strong safety and environmental awareness. You always take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues!
Technical Requirements :
· Good troubleshooting skills
· Good knowledge of IP networks and dynamic routing
· Good technical knowledge of Network deployment and troubleshooting
· Good knowledge of Cisco routing and switching is a plus
· Good knowledge of Fortinet based WIFI solutions is a plus
· Understanding and appreciation for information security within systems and user devices.
· Ability to work in a fast paced team environment, proactive, team player
· Takes initiatives
· Act also as a team player
· Excellent communication
· Dynamic and very good team spirit
· High analyzing capability and a real problem solver
· Open minded to new technologies
We offer you :
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Work location :
· Job located in Wilrijk (with some occasional on-site travels, included abroad)
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
MORE ABOUT US
ENGIE Generation Europe , a Business Unit of ENGIE Group, is an expert in many specialist areas within the energy sector: around 1,100 employees manage, maintain and operate large-scale, highly flexible and high-performance natural gas, biomass, hydropower and CHP units owned by ENGIE in 7 European countries (Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal and Spain). This Business Unit is also able to develop new applications such as energy security using large battery storage systems or power-to-gas projects.
In this way ENGIE Generation Europe wants to be the perfect complement to renewable energy, and help large industrial customers to make the transition to the most energy-efficient production process including the significant reduction of their CO2 emissions!. Enabler of the ZERO-CARBON transition “as a service”!
· Posting Date: Oct 27, 2020