Inventory Associate- Remote
Organization : Resource Data Management - Spokane, WA
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
This Entry Level role is responsible for analyzing Customer Service Records (CSR’s), reviewing for accuracy, resolving level II exceptions, identifying discrepancies and savings opportunities, recommending adjustments to the client and negotiating with telecom vendors as appropriate
· Resolve exceptions in the ELEC system.
· Coordinate and negotiate with telecom vendors and clients as needed to resolve inventory and billing issues.
· Develop and maintain close working relationships with appropriate telecom vendor representatives and national account managers.
· Firm understanding of all Telecom related reports on BI to ensure resolution of any data discrepancies.
· Organize, prioritize and use time management tools to ensure proper follow-up is completed.
· Provide customer service to clients in support of their inventory and inventory reports.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition . Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
· Must have solid computer skills, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet. Strong multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to read and interpret telecom customer service records.
· Must be able to run created reports from the BI Tool.
· 10-key by touch, preferred.
· Strong skills in customer service, communication, problem solving and negotiation.
· Must be a team player who is detail oriented, dependable and adaptable.
· Must be flexible with schedule and available for overtime work as needed.
· Must have experience using Macros, V-look ups and pivot tables.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
· Posting Date: Dec 6, 2021