ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
ENGIE are recruiting for Highway Design Engineer to be based in Wath upon Dearne, Rotherham S63 7ER.
This is a permanent, full time role working 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and on offer will be a salary of up to £40,000 depending on knowledge, skills and experience. This role will report into the Highways Design Team Leader.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Where appointed, support the ENGIE Project Manager in the delivery of highway schemes
· Manage and co-ordinate workload to achieve project deliverables within the agreed time, quality and financial objectives.
· Prepare feasibility studies and detailed designs, specifications, scheme reports and contract data on a variety of projects. Undertake design work with an innovative approach considering conservation, sustainability and budget.
· Participate in design reviews ensuring design quality, monitor emerging legislation and engineering standards.
· Produce horizontal and vertical alignments.
· Project manage schemes through the design and construction process, monitor and report on deliverables, programmes and manage change control.
· Prepare information and pre-construction phase health and safety plans for tender packages.
· Produce Bill of Quantities and contractual documentation.
· Ensure the scheme design complies with the specification and agreed programme and designs comply with health and safety regulations, CDM requirements and are assessed for environmental impact.
· Liaison with clients, stakeholders and third parties as necessary and deal with complex or contentious issues in a positive and professional manner. Communicate and co-ordinate with other members of the project team. Communicate clearly and provide regular progress reports, attend site and project board meetings and consultation events.
· Participate in scheme consultation
· Engage in early contractor involvement with subcontractors.
· Undertake on-site inspections, provide feedback and solutions where required.
· Deliver the service in line with quality management procedures and demonstrate an understanding of the principles behind these.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and experience required:
· Qualified to HND/C level or equivalent.
· A track record in the Highways and Transportation industry.
· Ability to work on own initiative with limited management.
· A knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and Manual for Streets.
· Knowledge and understanding of DMRB design standards and Local Authority procedures in relation to the design and construction of highway schemes under section 38 and 278 of the Highways Act.
· Understanding of Health and Safety legislation, experience of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and understanding of legislative aspects of project delivery.
· Proficient in the use of industry standard computer software including AutoCAD, Key Signs, Key Lines and Auto Tracks. Knowledge and experience of using 3D highway modelling software.
· Commercial awareness.
· Candidates should have the ability to communicate confidently and clearly, conduct effective negotiations with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.
· Candidates should demonstrate initiative with managing workload, be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and the attitude, conduct and demeanour to reflect ENGIE values.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.