ENGIE are recruiting for a Helpdesk Coordinator to be based at Birmingham City Hospital, B18 7QH. On offer is a salary banding of £20,000 to £22,000 dependent upon skills and experience.
This is a permanent full-time role working 8 hours per day between 07:00 - 19:00
In this role you'll respond to, plan and organise the full life cycle of all facilities management work from customer enquiry to job completion. You will be expected to deliver excellent customer service, interpreting and managing work orders through the Maximo system, planning and dispatching both Reactive and Planned Maintenance works to a number of engineers and sub-contractors across the Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS sites, ensuring all are completed within contractually defined SLA’s and providing administrative support where appropriate.
Experienced in data inputting and of helpdesk working, the Helpdesk Operator would be required to demonstrate excellent communication techniques, confidence and patience. The candidate will be processing requests from key customers and carrying out general helpdesk duties. The main objective is to log calls, assigning calls to directly employed labour and sub-contractors, chasing completion details of jobs and focussing operational service teams on response to customer calls.
· First point of contact for incoming telephone calls and service requests received by telephone, fax and e-mail.
· Interpret and log work order requests, inputting details into an in-house system, providing and tracking regular updates to the status of the request through to work complete status in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
· Understand, identify and apply the SLA for each service request and set expectation with customer.
· Sort and dispatch calls to engineer, sub-contractors and Team Leaers based on the correct skills sets, location and service delivery arrangements.
· Work with Team Leaders to re-plan/assign as required to manage workload and priorities of response.
· Meet SLA targets and respond to customer demands.
· Prioritise urgent jobs and plan and dispatch operative/sub-contract support to meet urgent demand.
· Organise planned maintenance for engineers and sub-contractors
· Raise purchase requisition and/or purchase orders to the value not exceeding agreed limits.
· Support management with the collation of accurate and punctual regular reports as required
· Escalate any complaints as required and support continuous improvement activity to reduce levels of customer complaints.
· Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, across all functions.
· Promote customer feedback and surveys.
· Ad hoc administration duties.
· To comply with company procedures to ensure that all risks relating to safety, health, environment and quality are effectively managed through the use of risk assessments, PPE, training and company procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above/equivalent
· Relevant experience in a similar role
· Experience of working in a Healthcare environment would be an advantage, however is not essential
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE Benefits Include:
· 24 days holidays (+8 public holidays)
· Life Insurance
· Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
· Employee personal & professional development profile
· Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign in' to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021