ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 280 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active in the whole electricity value chain and supports a wide range of customers in generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, particularly focusing on the energy transition and the 3 Ds - decentralization, decarbonization and digitization.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralized or decentralized, from fossil and nuclear to renewable technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a wide spectrum of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SMEs, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a firm focus on delivering value for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialized expertise and customized global solutions.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialized services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
· Your mission is to develop a Laborelec’s newest value proposal: ‘Energy Transition Pilot & Scale-up accelerator’ for energy transition projects in with public funding through for example the European Green Deal:
· Create a new business stream inside Laborelec in valorising our knowledge on enabling technologies (renewable energy, grids, energy storage & energy management, materials and chemistry etc.) and public funding for internal (ENGIE) and external customers.
· Create and propose pilot, demonstrator and scale-up projects for your customers based on new solutions that can be supported by public funding (focus on energy related programs).
· Develop knowledge on & network with the actors in the European and National programs such as the Energy Transition Fund, the Innovation Fund, IPCEI, Green Deal Calls etc. but also regional initiatives in Flandres and Wallonia.
· Provide insights of the subsidy criteria to make the project development eligible for funding
· Promote and enable within Laborelec the new business, stimulate transversal project team creation and leadership to successful realisation of submission projects
· Create transversal teams inside our company to enable these solutions of the Energy Transition
· Create a multi-million euro business offering a new value proposal composed of existing competences in the company, complemented with new skills you will gather.
· Develop a set of standard products for your customers combined with customer offers ;
· Define and develop this growth pole for the company, including all needed organizational changes (creation of a team including its P&L, creation of a new process)
· Identify future trends in the funding market (focus on energy) and the main axis where Laborelec can create value;
· Create a network inside the company and the group to effectively perform your work.
· You are a real intrapreneur eager to create your own business and team inside a company.
· You are an engineer, capable of understanding and discussing the most relevant new energy technologies on a technical level with the subject matter experts.
· You function optimally without a clear roles & responsibilities, but with a clear focus on the end goal
· You easily build and maintain an adequate network of contacts
· You are fluent in English writing and speaking; knowledge of French and Dutch is an advantage
ENGIE Laborelec offers:
· An independent incubator environment to start the business outside of the operational departments which gives liberty to develop according to your best insight. This start-up working environment rewards creativity and ambition;
· The opportunity to work out this business as to your vision, including the creation of a team and the associated P&L responsibilities.
· An opportunity to conduct the first projects of the proposals you won
· A competitive salary package with good extra-legal benefits and a company car - the position is open to external contractors;
· An exciting career in a leading competence centre within the ENGIE Group, the international energy player.
Your HR contact: Damien Colmant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
· Posting Date: Jan 11, 2021