Workplace Solutions are recruiting for a Good In Operative to be based in EDF Energy, Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucestershire GL4 3RS. This is a permanent, full time role working 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8am - 5pm (1 hour for lunch) and Friday 8am - 4pm (1 hour for lunch). On offer is a competitive salary.
The Goods In Operative is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the department. A professional and courteous approach at all times working closely with and assisting other members of the mailroom, reprographic and scanning team, reporting to the mailroom supervisor.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· The post holder will be professional at all times, with the ability to communicate with personnel, clients and customers of all levels.
· A methodical approach to receiving, recording and distributing a variety of items delivered to the loading bay.
· Responsible for operating the outer doors to admit couriers and mail staff delivering to site
· X-raying of unusual or suspect packages.
· Processing tenders in a timely manner and to the deadlines given
· Ensure that all complaints are dealt with in the correct manner and that the line manager is informed immediately should any service complaints be reported.
· Point of contact for couriers & Royal Mail.
· Ensuring all H&S policies and regulations are adhered to.
· Provide cover for colleagues in mailroom, scanning and reprographics areas of the department.
· Ensure that any other reasonable tasks or requests are fulfilled as and when they arise.
· ENGIE has an obligation to fulfil the service the client is paying for.
· This role is varied and the operative will be expected to deal with a number of different situations.
· The Operative will need to be able to think on their feet, remain focused and not be afraid to challenge in the appropriate way.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must as they will come into contact with and be dealing with personnel at all levels.
· A fit and active person who is safety aware, self motivated and computer literate, organised with clear legible handwriting and capable of using own initiative and prioritising tasks. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Aware of Health & Safety, COSHH and use of Risk & Method statements
· Confident communicator with all levels
· Experience of carrying out a similar role
· Logical approach to problem solving and not afraid to challenge in the appropriate way
· Ability to work alone as well as working as a member of a team
COMPULSORY VETTING REQUIREMENTS
· A valid passport or original birth certificate, dated within 6 weeks of birth.
· Driving Licence (photo)
· Current utility bill/bank/credit card statement
· 3 year checkable employment history For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. Workplace Solutions do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the Workplace Solutions Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to Workplace Solutions Managers.