ENGIE is looking for motivated individuals working towards a career in GIS and spatial data management who can assist with the GIS capabilities of ENGIE North America’s wind, solar, and battery storage project development platform. The intern will work directly with ENGIE GIS professionals to provide support for the growing portfolio of grid-scale projects in North America. Successful candidates will have taken college-level courses in GIS systems with a strong focus on Esri products. The GIS intern can expect to gain mapping and data management skills, exposure to current renewable energy policy, and an understanding of wind and solar project development.
The intern will work for a minimum of 10-15 hours per week, up to full-time at 40 hours per week.
What you’ll do:
· Research parcel and other landownership data
· Format publicly available datasets for use in renewable energy development
· Digitize projects and structures from aerial imagery
· Create project level maps utilizing existing datasets
· Support web mapping platform
What you bring:
· Must be at least a junior or senior (by end of spring semester) working toward a Bachelor’s degree in geography, engineering or related field, or a graduate student with GIS experience in a closely related field
· Basic understanding of ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and other Esri products
· Must possess a 3.0 GPA or higher & be able to work at least 10 hours per week
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must have the ability to think analytically, present ideas professionally, and work in project teams
· Direct experience in GIS preferred
· Experience with Esri’s web mapping platform (ArcGIS Online or Portal) a plus
· Familiarity with coding languages (SQL, Python, R) a plus
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
· Posting Date: Dec 22, 2020