ENGIE are recruiting for a Gas Engineer to be based in Taunton. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer will be a competitive salary. The role holder will report into the Project Manager
The role holder will be responsible for the technical performance and maintaining ENGIE and industry standards within the Taunton Heating contract, providing guidance to others on site and technical expertise in gas systems and building fabric components to ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery. The technician will have advanced technical knowledge in more than one skill or technology area – preferably mechanical and electrical.
To carry out property survey/resident profile visits with RLO, create design drawings and material orders, replace existing/install new full gas central heating systems as part of an install team to be fully working heating and hot water at the end of day one. To carry out general maintenance of all plumbing and building systems as necessary. Be part of an on call Rota to cover OOH breakdowns as required
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Understand the aims and objectives of ENGIE and your service area, together with your role in service delivery.
· Lead the install team and supervise works during install to ensure zero defects.
· Ensure that the services provided are to the highest quality/standard with due recognition of client and customer requirements and ensuring all works are carried out in accordance with ENGIE’s customer care values and Equal Opportunities Policies.
· Planning and prioritising work within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation at all times.
· Participate in a team working approach to the allocation of duties, supporting and working effectively with colleagues to provide good working relationships within the service.
· Undertake any training as identified through the performance review process continually seeking improvement and developing best practice.
· Adhere to and apply legislation and ENGIE procedures as appropriate. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Previous experience and Qualifications
· Domestic Gas ACS Elements CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1, MET1, CMDDA1
· Unvented hot water Elements U/VHW Water Regulations 1999 Code WR1.
· City and Guilds Craft Certificate and Advanced Craft Certificate in Plumbing and Heating For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.