ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy.
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Forward Contract Negotiator to be based in Leeds . This is a permanent/full time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (1-2 days per week) and standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
• Delivery of Retail Hedging Strategy and OTC Pricing Policy
• Hedging and balancing the retail portfolios to accommodate customer acquisitions and demand forecast changes in accordance with the latest Retail Hedging Strategy.
• Obtaining the best possible commodity prices for our flexible customers by trading on the OTC wholesale market with Group trading entities.
• Developing and maintaining working relationships with customer contacts and Third Party Intermediaries who trade on behalf of these customers.
• Production of daily forward curves based on live market prices and maintaining forward curve pricing models. Creation of bespoke curves upon request.
• Optimisation of contracts with flexibility to ensure best possible financial results with minimum risk.
• Ensuring timely and accurate handover of positions to the ENGIE UK Markets shift team close to delivery.
• Ensuring market and customer trades are recorded in relevant systems (DCRM, Endur, DTS, Junifer) in an accurate and timely manner.
• Monitoring of wholesale market prices and market fundamentals with a view to influence hedging strategies
• Provide analytical support regarding retail hedging.
• Working closely with Demand Forecasting teams to ensure an accurate and controlled forecasting and balancing process is observed
• Provision of information to Account Managers to support deal closures.
• Support to trading system improvements and implementation.
• Ensuring Gas traded positions are accurately nominated on Xoserve Gemini system.
• Ensuring forward trades & traded positions are consistent with the view of trading counterparties.
• Adherence to internal processes and risk frameworks.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
• Numerate, analytical and accurate.
• Microsoft Office proficient – VBA skills are desirable.
• Proven ability to present information effectively.
• Able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving.
• Understanding of the wholesale electricity and gas markets in the UK.
Degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or specific related experience.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Nov 18, 2022