The Forecasting Solutions Analyst’s primary responsibility is to mitigate ENGIE North America’s risks deriving from retail electric customer load and identify insights from market and customer data. In this role you will support pre-deal activities including load data acquisition, quality assurance, analysis, forecasting, and providing subject matter expertise to the Commercial & Industries Pricing and Sales teams.
What you’ll do:
· Support the pre-deal load data processing queue for assigned markets consistent with established service level agreements, guidelines, and standards.
· Support improving the customer experience by delivering the cleanest, most efficient, most accurate forecasts possible through optimization, harmonization, synchronization of our processes and platforms.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned market, internal and external platforms used by the team, and the impact of the analyst’s work product on stakeholders and company performance.
· Procure historical load data and utility account attributes (e.g., service point location, profile class, rate class and meter type), and assist with maintenance and improvement of data acquisition through automation.
· Set up, evaluate, and process account and usage data using existing validation and estimation tools based on established guidelines and standards.
· Review completed deals for accuracy and potential issues based on established guidelines and standards.
· Support the creation and maintenance of internal documentation.
· Support the post-deal maintenance of customer account attributes and load data.
· Support the development, improvement, and execution of platform, system, and process testing.
· Comply with all ENGIE North America policies and procedures and carry out other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
· High School Diploma/GED required
· Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
· 0-2 years of work experience
· Solutions-oriented who thoroughly understands deregulated electric market load data fundamentals and can identify, create, and deliver improvements to pre-deal load forecasting processes and platforms.
· Problem solving, strong analytical and statistical skills.
· Understanding of energy market fundamentals, including load properties, (e.g., usage, demand, load factor, voltage, losses, and read cycles) and deregulated market design preferred.
· Experience handling and managing issues with large quantities of electric usage data preferred.
· Ability to accurately process and analyze customer account and historical usage data to identify anomalies and fundamental changes to be used and reflected in forecasting, pricing, and contracting.
· Ability to perform data manipulation related to incomplete or flawed load data or related to load adjustments.
· Ability to work with utilities and internal stakeholders (e.g., sales, pricing, and IT) to meet deadlines and to comply with existing quality standards.
· Intermediate or better knowledge of MS Excel.
· Ability to extract, manage, and analyze large data sets.
· Ability to use data visualization platforms such as Power BI or Tableau preferred.
· Basic or better knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft SQL preferred.
· Familiarity with scripting languages and statistical packages (Python, SAS, R, or similar) preferred.
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc., could involve some lifting
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
· Posting Date: Apr 21, 2021