EQUANS are recruiting for a Fabric Maintenance Assistant to be based in Birmingham. This is a permanent full-time role. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
To support the Estates Team by providing direct assistance and undertaking routine maintenance tasks as allocated. To undertake any reasonable duties directed by Charge Hand to maintain all services to the NHS Trust(s). To conduct all works in compliance with EQUANS KPI’s
This position has an important role within the workflow process; the person will be actively involved in developing detailed knowledge, and the maintenance assistance of the building fabric and equipment on the Acute Estate
· The responsibilities will be at the Acute Hospital
· A general engineering/carpentry knowledge is required.
· To undertake any allocated jobs as directed by the Supervisor, Manager and Helpdesk ensuring that all associated paperwork is completed in a satisfactory, accurate and prompt manner.
· Work alone with minimum supervision or within a team to conduct routine maintenance, repair, and cleaning activity across the site.
· To integrate and communicate effectively with contractors, electrical, mechanical, and building services staff. To carry out general duties including support by manual labour for relocations and moves, tidying and cleaning Estates areas and Plant rooms.
· To respond promptly and efficiently to breakdowns, blockages, and other building fabric requirements.
· Required to attend training programmes as necessary to meet contract requirements and for self-development purposes.
· To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may be required within the Department.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
· Pension Scheme
· 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
· Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Qualification & Experience:
· General knowledge of maintenance works
· Previous experience of working in an NHS environment
· Knowledge of carpentry and fabric trades
· Ability to work independently and as a team
· Use of IT systems and modern technology
Who are we?
EQUANS is a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees leveraging 200 years of expertise. With revenues of €12 billion, EQUANS is present in 17 countries - mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
In the UK, & Ireland, all of ENGIE’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration are now part of EQUANS. The new entity also includes specialist energy related capabilities: smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS is an autonomous business within ENGIE Group – with its own dedicated management team and operating structure to help further accelerate growth and service performance.
EQUANS supports its customers by mobilising its expertise to provide low-carbon energy solutions, offer cutting-edge technical and FM services and transformative regeneration in the UK & Ireland. From homes to cities, hospitals to the heart of government, offices to industry.
EQUANS empowers transitions both for today and tomorrow.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about EQUANS, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. EQUANS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
· Posting Date: Jul 25, 2022