Energy Market Risk Data Analyst- Leeds
Leeds (City and Borough of Leeds) Sales
ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy.
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Senior Market Risk Analyst to be based in Leeds . This is a permanent full time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (1-2 days per week) and standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
Purpose of the job
The Senior Market Risk Analyst will be responsible for the identification, assessment, understanding and management of all market risks present within the business activities of Energy Supply UK and the communication and explanation of this to an appropriate level of management.
· Acting as the owner of Key Risk Metrics and ensuring constant relevance of these metrics
· Actively participating in the Energy Supply UK LRMC and GEMS B2B Supply Risk Committee
· Documentation of risk processes, procedures and policies.
· Investigation and analysis of commercial risks, including sensitivity and Value at Risk (VaR) analysis, together with regular validation through back-testing.
· Lead role in the Risk System Development program, leading to automated Risk Monitoring, Measuring
· Monitoring hedging strategies and mismatch limits.
· Quantitative analysis of potential new business opportunities from a market risk perspective.
· Running routine end-of-day processes relating to trading activities
· Validation of all commodity forward curves.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including VBA
· Dataiku , PowerBI, Advanced SQL
· Advanced Python- Proven experience of developing Jupyter notebooks and .py scripts for ad-hoc reporting and for routine tasks
· Ability to adapt your talks to various stakeholders (in particular technical and non-technical contacts) encourage cooperation across and between other risk teams within GEMS
· Hard worker, resilient in complex environment, proactivity to manage your missions in autonomy
· Practical thinking, in particular to propose pragmatic ways to get out of theoretical or operational constraints, Innovative thinking supporting innovation efforts within the team
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Masters Level
· Extensive experience in banking and/or commodity markets
· Expertise in Market Risk related topics (regulation, liquidity, key risk metrics,…)
· You will be well versed in data analysis, with both theoretical (statistics and econometric models) and practical focuses (Database, APIs, Python)
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Feb 8, 2023