ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services with a leading energy management business, piloted by its entity 'Global Energy Management & Sales' who built its savoir-faire managing the Group’s large and diverse asset portfolio over 20+ years. 3,300 employees around the world develop our solutions, through +20 international business platforms. We cover the full energy mix: renewable and thermal power, natural gas & LNG, biomass, environmental products. Our experts provide tailor made solutions based on a wide range of savoir-faire in energy management with a strong focus on decarbonation and decentralisation. Our +120,000 clients span the entire value chain: producers, asset developers, financial players, utilities, distributors and industrials. Our global reach and strong local presence enable us to offer these diverse clients tailor-made services and respond to rapid changes in mature or emerging markets alike. Our 4 expertise:
· Asset management
· Energy transition services
· Energy supply & global commodities
· Risk management & market access
At GEMS we encourage breakthrough results, team spirit, curiosity and innovation while preserving the right work/life balance for you.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Embedded Software Enginee r to be based in London . This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (2-3 days per week) and standard office hours are expected. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Demand Site Management IS team is looking for an embedded firmware engineer to work on our modern distributed IoT platform. We develop systems to turn down large power users, maintaining balance on the energy grid. The successful candidate will be a resourceful and professional individual who has experience of working with embedded software development and an appetite to learn new technologies.
· Design, implementation and test of Squirrel firmware for our Electric Imp based programmable controller, including:
· New algorithms based on the grid operator’s programs
· Drivers for controlling new industrial hardware
· Making our platform as simple and automated as possible
· Supporting the integration of our controller on customer sites, developing custom logic as required.
· Supporting of manufacturing activities and improving our hardware test fixtures
· Support of all our controllers in the field - diagnosing failures and identifying bugs
Skills and Experience required:
· Understanding of electronics and electrical systems
· Some experience of electronic design, particularly digital electronics.
· Experience in electronic debug - familiarity with logic analysers, oscilloscopes and other test equipment
· Experience in software development
· Strong object-oriented analysis and design expertise
· Understanding of both dynamically and statically type languages
· Experience of developing low level software for hardware control
· Device drivers for ICs using protocols like I2C, SPI or similar (Linux kernel, bare metal or user space)
· Knowledge of Modbus, CANOpen or other industrial control protocols
· Experience of test driven development, writing unit tests and integration tests
· An appreciation for automated build systems and continuous integration
· Familiarity with the Electric Imp platform
· Familiarity with Linux
· Knowledge of Scala
Education and professional background
· Relevant professional experience in electronic or software engineering (minimum of 3 years, more would be preferred)
· A passion for making gadgets and automating the hard things in life
· A degree in a relevant engineering topic is desirable
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Additional Locations: Europe-England-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
· Posting Date: Aug 17, 2022