ENGIE are currently recruiting for an Electrician to join our team at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2TH.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, the electrician will be responsible for improvement works, maintenance and repairs of plant, undertaking services and physical assets including testing and routine fault finding.
This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week 8AM – 4PM.
What is your day to day?
• The responsibilities will mainly be at the Mental Health units but will also include duties at the Acute and Retained Estates.
• To carry out unsupervised maintenance and repairs and report any defects or unusual circumstances to the Charge Hand/Supervisor.
• To maintain workshops and working environment in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
• To understand the general working of the Engie Estate, so that work can be carried out in the most efficient manner, pro-active in developing new ways of working.
• To be contacted by radio and/or PDA to receive instructions. This can involve frequent disruption to work patterns.
• Ensure all PPM work is carried out effectively in compliance with maintenance instructions.
• Work as part of the on site emergency call out rota.
Who are you?
• City & Guilds Electrical qualifications.
• City & Guilds 18th Edition Regulations
• Indentured apprenticeship or equivalent training.
• Previous experience of working within a hospital environment would be advantageous although not necessary.
• Successful applicants will be required to complete and Enhanced DBS check.
Who are we?
ENGIE employs 17,000 people in the UK and over 160,000 worldwide, achieving revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018
What’s in it for you?
This is a full time, permanent position. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
• Life Insurance
• Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
• Employee personal & professional development profile
• Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to apply! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: May 27, 2021