ENGIE are recruiting for Electrical Technicians to be based at Queen Alexandra Hospital Southwick Hill Rd, Cosham, Portsmouth PO6 3LY. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week, shift patterns include 4 Week rota including 1 week late's until 10 pm and one weekend in 4 weeks Or 7 on 7 off nights. On On offer is a competitive salary of between £26,000- £30,000 per annum plus shift allowance, depending on skills and experience.
We are looking for a confident, experienced and driven individual with good planning and organisational skills
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
The successful candidates will undertake planned, preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with the running of a large hospital. To work shift patterns as determined by the role and reporting directly to the Team Leader.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24hr maintenance Service within the Portsmouth Hospital Trust for the service provider.
· Undertake any training as required
· Promote a culture of customer service to both internal and external customers and partners and to liaise with other departments regarding maintenance issues if required
· Undertake any other reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post
· After suitable training and guidance diagnose faults, repair and maintain complex equipment in accordance with Health Technical Memorandum (HTM’s) and other specialised hospital equipment.
· Carry out the work of other trades where there is an interface to the work in hand with a level of competence that’s outside core trade.
· To carry a radio or pager to facilitate immediate response.
· Work in highly unpleasant working conditions, unblocking drains and sewers, which include biological hazards of body fluids and noxious fumes.
· To work safely on ELV / LV and generated electrical systems in accordance with HTM and all electrical statutory regulations ie. The Electricity at Work Act 1989, and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
· To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH regulations and Electrical IEE regulations . For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· C & G 236 Parts A & B (OR)
· C & G 2360 Parts 1 & 2 (OR)NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Maintenance (OR)B Tech Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeship
· 17th Edition IEE Regulations
· Building maintenance and systems
· Basic competence wit IT (Information technologyand) and PDA’s (personal digital assistant device)
· Working in a hospital environment
· Working on specialist hospital equipment
· Knowledge of other trades
· Knowledge of HTM’s (health technical memorandum)
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.