We are recruiting for an Electrical Shift Engineer work onsite at Sea Containers, 22 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PD. This is a full-time permanent contract, working 38.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary for £38,500 per annum. In addition to this you will receive an excellent benefits package.
What is your day to day?
· Provision of all-round engineering support, maintaining the building infrastructure.
· Act as a co-ordination point for the day-to-day activities on site between him or herself and the FM management team.
· Responsible for ensuring that all activities allocated to his shift are undertaken with a professional and conscientious outlook with regards to the quality of work and Health & Safety, maintaining the 100% uptime criteria.
· Ensure that there are excellent standards of response to plant failures, completion of assigned work and ensure any abnormal operating conditions and housekeeping issues are dealt with proficiently.
· A recognised industry qualification will be required (i.e. City and Guilds) and ideally time served apprenticeship in an electrical discipline.
· IEE Wiring Regulations 18 th Edition City & Guilds certification
· IEE Wiring Regulations 17 th Edition City & Guilds 2382 – 15 or equivalent at minimum
· Electro - mechanical competence
· LV Single phase and 3 Phase experiences (proves of previous appointments an advantage)
· BEMS operator experience (TREND System an advantage)
· Minor plumbing works experience
· Minor mechanical works experience
· Working on low pressure systems experience
· Refrigeration experience an advantage
· Water Treatment experience ( L8 training)
· Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices. A CSCS card or similar is required.
· IPAF or similar for operating MWP
· Working on heights training.
· Sound level of administration/organisational skills
· Previous experience in a building services environment is essential
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Mar 30, 2021