EQUANS are recruiting for a Drain Technician to be based in Birmingham. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Carry out repairs and maintenance work to the homes and properties repaired and maintained by the Company in a multi-skilled environment whilst achieving high standards of customer care and satisfaction.
· Carry out all types of repairs and maintenance work in a multi-skilled environment allied to the Plumbing and Drainage trade discipline.
· Completion of repairs and maintenance in other trade disciplines were deemed competent to complete these.
· Attend repairs and maintenance appointments on time and complete works on the first occasion, in one visit and within target times.
· Responsibility for the safe use and condition of the Company’s tools equipment and drainage vehicles.
· As and when required, diagnose necessary remedial works, make appointments and arrangements and organise materials required.
· Minimise disruption, mess and dust to the customers home and possessions and leave in a clean and tidy condition using cleaning materials and equipment as necessary.
· Participate in appropriate vocational/non vocational training courses and attend any appropriate meetings as required.
· To effectively and proactively assist in supporting the team to achieve KPI’s
· Removal or make arrangements for the removal of waste/debris on a daily basis and upon the completion of any works.
· To take part where appropriate in the Company’s out of hours emergency repairs and maintenance rota.
· To mentor and assist trainees, apprentices and other employees as and when required.
· To utilise personal communication and protection equipment effectively and responsibly including the Company’s Vehicle Communication and Tracking System
· Work with all teams and departments within the Company to ensure the delivery of excellent services.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
· Pension Scheme
· 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
· Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
· City and Guild (Plumbing) or equivalent experience (Desirable)
· Jetting License (Essential)
· Cat and Genny Certificate (Desirable)
· Time served apprenticeship (Desirable)
· Current valid driving license (Essential)
· Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
· Appropriate level of experience within building construction and repairs and drainage maintenance works
Who are we?
EQUANS is a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees leveraging 200 years of expertise. With revenues of €12 billion, EQUANS is present in 17 countries - mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
In the UK, & Ireland, all of ENGIE’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration are now part of EQUANS. The new entity also includes specialist energy related capabilities: smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS is an autonomous business within ENGIE Group – with its own dedicated management team and operating structure to help further accelerate growth and service performance.
EQUANS supports its customers by mobilising its expertise to provide low-carbon energy solutions, offer cutting-edge technical and FM services and transformative regeneration in the UK & Ireland. From homes to cities, hospitals to the heart of government, offices to industry.
EQUANS empowers transitions both for today and tomorrow.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about EQUANS, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. EQUANS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
· Posting Date: May 11, 2022