Credit Risk Analyst
Leeds (City and Borough of Leeds)
ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy.
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Credit Risk Analyst to be based in Leeds. This is a permanent full time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (1-2 days per week) and standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
The Credit Analyst will be a member of the Risk & Internal Control Team within the Energy Supply division. This is a small team which covers a wide range of activities including: Credit Risk, Market Risk, Internal Control & TPI Audit. The role will primarily support the Senior Credit Analyst in managing the Credit Risk function of the team, however there is scope to experience and support other areas. The role will provide an opportunity to gain exposure to the Energy Supply Exec through the monthly Credit/Sales meeting and will also support on ad-hoc analysis and projects within the Finance & Risk teams.
· Processing credit applications using a custom credit scorecard (Experian Business IQ)
· 34,000 credit applications processed in 2022 (+20% year on year)
· With direct credit involvement in over 5600 credit applications (+17% year on year)
· Liaising with our external credit insurer (Atradius)
· Managing a portfolio with defined limits up to £1.9bn
· Communicating with the Energy Supply Sales department on a daily basis on a range of topics including:
· Bank Guarantees
· Letters of Credit
· Security Deposits
· Contributing to management packs for the Credit/Sales Meeting, Local Risk Management Committee (LRMC) & GEMS B2B Supply Risk Committee
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
The ideal candidate will have a degree level qualification in a related discipline (Maths, Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Management)
· Able to confidently use Microsoft Office
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including VBA
· Approachable with the ability to provide excellent customer service
· Ability to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving
· Able to produce accurate work under tight deadlines
· Able to manage conflicting priorities
· Ability to report complex financial analysis to a wide-ranging audience
· Good attention to detail
· Highly numerate with good verbal reasoning skills
· Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
· Teamwork skills to suit a variety of different situations
· An awareness of the wider ENGIE business
· Ability to query SQL Server & Oracle databases using SQL
· Experience of using Power Query within Excel/Power BI
· Experience of using Python (Jupyter notebooks
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Feb 28, 2023